Quantcast
Euro 2016 Round Up (Semi Finals) - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Euro 2016 Round Up (Semi Finals)

euroroundup9.jpg

So shitty Portugal are somehow in the final then. They beat Wales without really doing anything much, it was a nothing game in which neither side really created anything. Ronaldo’s leap and header for the first was incredible, but was just about the only thing he did right all night as he was shite again. His scuffed shot then led to a flukey second for Nani almost immediately, and that was that for Wales. 

The Welsh rarely looked like they even had one goal in them, let alone two, and for the last twenty minutes Bale was playing hero-ball, trying all kinds of mad runs and shots from all angles. Not that I blame him, he didn’t really have much choice as he had to take risks to try and get them back into it. If they’d gotten one then Portugal may have caved and conceded another, but we’ll never know now. 

Wales have had a great tournament and can certainly be proud of what they achieved, but they had a real chance of winning this and in that regard it was an opportunity wasted. I don’t know why they didn’t just go full on alehouse in the last 20 minutes and keep launching the ball at Vokes and play for knock downs, or stick big ugly James Collins up there to scare people. Instead, they just continued with their patient build up play, which is commendable in it’s own way, but it played right into Portugal’s hands.

Portugal really aren’t all that but they’ll probably go and fucking win it now, they’ve had so much spawn all the way through it’s hard to see them losing, even to France. If I were to give them any credit at all I’d have to say that with the exception of the Hungary game they’ve been resolute, organised and difficult to play against. But I’m not going to give them any credit as I’ve hated watching them so they can get to fuck.

The one good thing about Wales going out is hopefully we won’t be bored to tears by Ryan fucking Giggs anymore. Christ, he’s dull isn’t he? Bellamy helps to offset that with his general awesomeness, but Giggs is such an unhappy bastard he makes Scholes look like the laughing policeman. Please ITV, don’t ever let him darken our screens again, the big boring hairy bastard.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.