You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 Round Up (Semi Finals)

tlw content

euroroundup9.jpg

So shitty Portugal are somehow in the final then. They beat Wales without really doing anything much, it was a nothing game in which neither side really created anything. Ronaldo’s leap and header for the first was incredible, but was just about the only thing he did right all night as he was shite again. His scuffed shot then led to a flukey second for Nani almost immediately, and that was that for Wales. 

The Welsh rarely looked like they even had one goal in them, let alone two, and for the last twenty minutes Bale was playing hero-ball, trying all kinds of mad runs and shots from all angles. Not that I blame him, he didn’t really have much choice as he had to take risks to try and get them back into it. If they’d gotten one then Portugal may have caved and conceded another, but we’ll never know now. 

Wales have had a great tournament and can certainly be proud of what they achieved, but they had a real chance of winning this and in that regard it was an opportunity wasted. I don’t know why they didn’t just go full on alehouse in the last 20 minutes and keep launching the ball at Vokes and play for knock downs, or stick big ugly James Collins up there to scare people. Instead, they just continued with their patient build up play, which is commendable in it’s own way, but it played right into Portugal’s hands.

Portugal really aren’t all that but they’ll probably go and fucking win it now, they’ve had so much spawn all the way through it’s hard to see them losing, even to France. If I were to give them any credit at all I’d have to say that with the exception of the Hungary game they’ve been resolute, organised and difficult to play against. But I’m not going to give them any credit as I’ve hated watching them so they can get to fuck.

The one good thing about Wales going out is hopefully we won’t be bored to tears by Ryan fucking Giggs anymore. Christ, he’s dull isn’t he? Bellamy helps to offset that with his general awesomeness, but Giggs is such an unhappy bastard he makes Scholes look like the laughing policeman. Please ITV, don’t ever let him darken our screens again, the big boring hairy bastard.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.