You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are you happy about Sadio Mané?

tlw content

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm impressed by him. I need to think outside the fee because I'm still stuck in the world where 30m gets you Ronaldinho. I was, obviously, impressed by his goal - fucking great goal - but I'm more impressed by his work ethic; his willingness to get a foot stuck in and track back is a good sign. 

• Upvote 2

He's everything what Sterling gets talked up to be.

He's pace to burn but knows how to use it. He can shoot with both feet and it's not powerpuff shooting like the other twat. Also when he takes players on his main aim is to get past them and make something happen. Sterling just aims to win freekicks with minimum contact.

He's going to be brilliant for us this season.

• Upvote 1

I'm impressed by him. I need to think outside the fee because I'm still stuck in the world where 30m gets you Ronaldinho. I was, obviously, impressed by his goal - fucking great goal - but I'm more impressed by his work ethic; his willingness to get a foot stuck in and track back is a good sign. 

In the talk of midfielders it was overlooked that this fella won the most tackles on the field.

His presence on the entire flank was massive.

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

In the talk of midfielders it was overlooked that this fella won the most tackles on the field.

Did he really? Excellent. He really does put that shift in and I like that a lot.

Think of it as £20 million less than we received for Sterling and it feels a lot better!

The biggest compliment I can pay him is that, if I imagined a 'Klopp' player, Mane would be it. Works his arse off for the team, is blessed with strength, skill and pace. Knows where the goal is and drags the performance of the other players around him to a higher level.

He has been taken to hospital after badly injuring his shoulder in training the full extent will not be known until tomorrow.

Sounds very very bad but at least its a shoulder injury.

Not having a go but a shoulder injury can keep someone out for most of a season too. Even just a dislocated shoulder could see a player out for 4-12 weeks. A broken bone could be much more.