Quantcast
Sadio Mane - Page 99 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Sadio Mane

Recommended Posts

The story doing the rounds of him his celebration yesterday is great. 

 

Nice to have global stars in the team that are still down to earth guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that was the worst performance of his Liverpool career. He actively didn't want the ball last night, which I've never seen from him before.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I think that was the worst performance of his Liverpool career. He actively didn't want the ball last night, which I've never seen from him before.

To be fair, most of his teammates didnt want the ball either. Im sick of seeing Gini, Trent, Curtis and a few others immediately give the ball back to the player who has just given it them. What happened to pass and move?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is loads of talk about how bad Bobby has been playing but little has been made of Mane and the way he has seemingly fallen of a cliff this season. Previous seasons he would have done something magical and scored some really important goals for us etc. This season, nothing. Only scored one more goal than Bobby. Most times it looks like the ball just bounce off him and back to someone from the other team. We really could do with Mane starting to perform again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree, his general play is still top class. Some of the stuff he does still takes your breath away, controlling balls out of air and getting us up the pitch, ghosting past people like they’re not there.

 

It’s not happening in the final third for him, but I have the utmost faith in him, which is the complete opposite to Bobby.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I wonder what the issue might be, could be fatigue from playing so much. Might still be feeling the effects of the 'Vid. 

 

 

This is my thought as well, it supposedly affects you balance, he  has alway twisted this way and that but since he came back from it he looks a little unsure about beating players, if he can get himself back on form then we might still have a chance of second, will need that quick though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mane’s individual performances, like the rest of the players, is suffering because the team doesnt work as well as a unit as it did last season. The pressing, intensity, hunger and confidence has dropped, making all the players look less good than they did last season. Mane less so actually than most of the others, but applies to him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Mane’s individual performances, like the rest of the players, is suffering because the team doesnt work as well as a unit as it did last season. The pressing, intensity, hunger and confidence has dropped, making all the players look less good than they did last season. Mane less so actually than most of the others, but applies to him too.

Spot on. We're not creating the chances we used to and his buddy down the left looks dead on his feet. More energy in midfield and I reckon mane will be back to scoring again. He's a streaky scorer anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Sadio Mane's form is the least of our problems 

Honestly, it is a problem. People talk about Firmino not scoring goals, but that's been fine. We've won the league at a canter with him playing a certain role and simultaneously being awful in front of goal.

 

What we can't afford is that one of the two players we really rely on for the majority of goals, being him and Salah, stops being a goal threat. He's still dangerous dribbling and he runs himself into the ground but he's just got to score more goals, and his lack of them is a bit worrying. No doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Honestly, it is a problem. People talk about Firmino not scoring goals, but that's been fine. We've won the league at a canter with him playing a certain role and simultaneously being awful in front of goal.

 

What we can't afford is that one of the two players we really rely on for the majority of goals, being him and Salah, stops being a goal threat. He's still dangerous dribbling and he runs himself into the ground but he's just got to score more goals, and his lack of them is a bit worrying. No doubt.

He is a streaky scorer though. We've about 14 or 15 games left this season and he could easily score 10, because that's the type of thing he does. He's not where he was, but he's not stinking the place out either. Another 10 goals would be pretty much par for him. We all want him to score more, but that's pretty much true of the entire team. 

 

 

Screenshot_20210215-202738.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He is a streaky scorer though. We've about 14 or 15 games left this season and he could easily score 10, because that's the type of thing he does. He's not where he was, but he's not stinking the place out either. Another 10 goals would be pretty much par for him. We all want him to score more, but that's pretty much true of the entire team. 

 

 

Screenshot_20210215-202738.jpg

I don't think that record shows streakiness at all. He's basically scored 20-25 goals in all comps in the last 3 seasons. I'd be shocked if he reached that this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think that record shows streakiness at all. He's basically scored 20-25 goals in all comps in the last 3 seasons. I'd be shocked if he reached that this season.

Look at his record here. He goes runs of games without scoring and then scores 8 in 9 or something. The purpose of those stats was to say if he has a 10 goals in 14 (or 15 whatever we have left) end to the season, which is more than plausible given his history, he ends with a typical looking season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Look at his record here. He goes runs of games without scoring and then scores 8 in 9 or something. The purpose of those stats was to say if he has a 10 goals in 14 (or 15 whatever we have left) end to the season, which is more than plausible given his history, he ends with a typical looking season. 

I don't think it's plausible with just his apparent lack of attempts on goal recently, but we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think it's plausible with just his apparent lack of attempts on goal recently, but we'll see.

This is the beauty of football though. If everything just happened as it has the last half a dozen games, then it would be really boring. But that's not what happens. Mane hasn't forgotten how to play football, we're just off form as a team and since the turn of the year we're not creating the same types of chances we normally do. Form is a thing. Fitness is a thing. Luck is a thing. Referees are a thing. But things can and do change. Mane is a class act, his form will return as will our form as a team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×