Quantcast
Sadio Mane - Page 96 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Sadio Mane

8 hours ago, an tha said:

The answer is 80.

This is an illness that overwhelmigly kills the old and frail, sadly....the overwhelming majority of young and healthy people who contract it will either not even know they have it or will have  an illness that is mild.

The chances of you or I contracting covid and dying from covid are tiny, really tiny - unless we are old/ill.

Yet here we are living with massive restrictions on our lives and even now letting it affect the teams elite football clubs are allowed to field 

I understand the fear that exists...People are living in fear because they have been force fed a narrative that there is this super deadly virus out there that is indiscrimanately killing people.

I do understand totally that it killed loads earlier in year at the start of it here when nobody caught on about it, when we were unprepared...but those deaths were overwhelmingly in care homes, other care settings and amongst the old and frail - the average age of covid deaths here is as said 80.

Now we are more clued up why can't we protect those people and those settings and at same time let the rest of us who it hardly affects crack on?

Way we are acting there will literally never be an end to this because the virus is here to stay, make no mistake, just like other viruses - we didn't destroy economies, society, put millions and millions out of work, make millions of peoples lives miserable etc etc for other viruses did we - it makes no sense to me why we are doing it for this one.....a virus that in the overwhelming number of the general public who get it people hardly even know they have it.

In terms of infections/positive cases/positive tests etc - personally i say the more the better really as long as they don't lead to massive deaths - which they aren't at present, as this gives us best shot at immunity developing and i am sure we could keep moving forward and get normality back if we protect the most vulnerable people and the most vulnerable settings....

Immunity may very well at the very least have a chance of building then....lockdowns etc don't help at all with immunity.

The grip of fear this virus has over people is because of how governments like ours have stood up up every day for months and tell us dozens of people died today from it.....they don't do the same for all the other thousands of deaths that occur every day from all sorts of things, and they don't provide any context into the numbers they quote like for example how for the last 3 months in the UK flu has more mentions on death certificates than covid has...

Anyway i am clearly in the minority with my view and you know what that is fine - i stand by what i believe, make no apologies for what i believe and ultimately accept what others believe/any criticism of what i believe.

I am not very articulate or very capable of making my point eloquently sadly so this article here largely sums up my position....i include elite sport in this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649

Gobshite opinion.

I’m alright jack.

It’s not who it kills that is relevant, it’s how easily it is spread. And spread from one who is not likely to die, to one who may very well.

i don’t want someone infected to come into contact with me because, while I shouldn’t die, my daughters mum probably would. May grandparents who help with childcare in the week probably would. 

Ive changed my life to limit risk of me catching it and therefore spreading it, and so why shouldn’t that also apply to footballers, just because if their team loses you would be upset about it and be on the receiving end of bants on the internet.

fuck sporting integrity being your excuse to be a selfish prick.

• Upvote 7

Get well soon Sadio!  

It's perfectly right that he has to self isolate for reasons Bob and others have already outlined. There's simply no other way around it until a vaccine is found.  We'll just have to manage as best we can for now. People's lives are more important than a game of football. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

So are you guys meeting at KFC on County Road or not?

No. An tha has tested positive for stupidity and needs to self isolate.

If what we are waiting for is a tried and tested vaccine that has no proven negative side effects and can be produced in the billions each year then we will be waiting for a few years yet I would think

6 minutes ago, Dave D said:

If what we are waiting for is a tried and tested vaccine that has no proven negative side effects and can be produced in the billions each year then we will be waiting for a few years yet I would think

It'll be some time next year. Any longer and most economies will collapse.

I'm pissed off, angry, very very down and in a hole with this fucking pandemic.

I've let that and my frustration bubble over and i've projected/vented on here whilst full of ale - that has led me to come out with some stuff at best clumsily, at worst insensitively.

Apologies for any offence that may have been caused.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 17

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

I'm pissed off, angry, very very down and in a hole with this fucking pandemic.

I've let that and my frustration bubble over and i've projected/vented on here whilst full of ale - that has led me to come out with some stuff at best clumsily, at worst insensitively.

Apologies for any offence that may have been caused.

Fair play mate. It's fucking shit and getting everyone down. At least we are fucking ace though, imagine this pandemic and Hodgson being in charge of us.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Elite said:

Fair play mate. It's fucking shit and getting everyone down. At least we are fucking ace though, imagine this pandemic and Hodgson being in charge of us.

I just did....

200.gif

• Upvote 4

I tend to agree with an tha's point here that if players regularly start missing games across all PL clubs, it's very likely to skew those results in games. Villa will be breathing a sigh of relief hearing that Sadio is now not available never mind Thiago as well.

Keep your fingers crossed van Dijk nor Alisson return positive tests. I dont know what the answer to the conundrum is.

The PL has agreed in the event of the season being cut short, points per game will decide the title. They havent formally decided at the minimum number of games that need to be played.

53 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I tend to agree with an tha's point here that if players regularly start missing games across all PL clubs, it's very likely to skew those results in games. Villa will be breathing a sigh of relief hearing that Sadio is now not available never mind Thiago as well.

Keep your fingers crossed van Dijk nor Alisson return positive tests. I dont know what the answer to the conundrum is.

The PL has agreed in the event of the season being cut short, points per game will decide the title. They havent formally decided at the minimum number of games that need to be played.

Has to be at least over half or two thirds of the season played surely.

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Has to be at least over half or two thirds of the season played surely.

I think one of the the suggested minimum criteria was all teams had played each other at least once. Given that a 'round' of PL fixtures can be spread over a week especially if they continue to televise all games, even that might prove problematic.

I cannot find anything on the PL site other than basic info so they're clearly undecided right now.

The last thing I read on this said that the debate was between two-thirds and three-quarters of games. The clubs likely to be in a relegation battle naturally favour the latter. 

Mane going down with it has really pissed me off on top of the Arse result.  Been our best player by a mile so far and was really looking forward to him ripping Villa anew one. Hopefully he gets back to full fitness during the Int break.

4 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Gobshite opinion.

I’m alright jack.

It’s not who it kills that is relevant, it’s how easily it is spread. And spread from one who is not likely to die, to one who may very well.

i don’t want someone infected to come into contact with me because, while I shouldn’t die, my daughters mum probably would. May grandparents who help with childcare in the week probably would. 

Ive changed my life to limit risk of me catching it and therefore spreading it, and so why shouldn’t that also apply to footballers, just because if their team loses you would be upset about it and be on the receiving end of bants on the internet.

fuck sporting integrity being your excuse to be a selfish prick.

Nothing wrong with that opinion at all, it makes all the sense in the world.

In Norway we have less people dying than during a normal year because of the restrictions, but we see companies of all kinds having to close down, kids and youth not being allowed to do sports etc and the countrys economy taking a big hit.

Is it worth it from a socioeconomics perspective? Obviously not, its not sustainable at all, people die, its how it is.

27 minutes ago, Code said:

In Norway we have less people dying than during a normal year because of the restrictions, but we see companies of all kinds having to close down, kids and youth not being allowed to do sports etc and the countrys economy taking a big hit.

Is it worth it from a socioeconomics perspective? Obviously not, its not sustainable at all, people die, its how it is.

Not sure your reply has anything at all to do with my response or An tha’s post.

theres a valid debate to be had about risk vs socioeconomic impact, but claiming sporting integrity is a valid reason to actively cause greater risk isn’t one of them, and fair play for his post this morning.

9 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Not sure your reply has anything at all to do with my response or An tha’s post.

theres a valid debate to be had about risk vs socioeconomic impact, but claiming sporting integrity is a valid reason to actively cause greater risk isn’t one of them, and fair play for his post this morning.

I did not really read his post properly, just bits and pieces.

14 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I used to post the line ups on here before they were officially announced. They were usually right and the bloke that I got them from has said he's been told that we've had 6 positive tests in the playing squad. 

Although his source for the teams is no longer at the club, so not sure where he's got that info from. 

If we work off the principle most of the squad will get it at some stage and you can only get it once, then 6 out now is ideal. Others could get it during a period of the season that would result in missing 5 or 6 games.

50 minutes ago, Code said:

Not sure that’s a winning slogan for your run at Norwegian PM, Code.