Quantcast
Sadio Mane - Page 90 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Sadio Mane

38 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Kenny Dalglish was our best player,Barnes and Mane are up there too.

Kenny had almost stopped playing completely when he signed Barnes.

If Sadio manages to go into midfield at the end of his career and still be as effective as he is now then I'll have to review my opinion of him. For now Barnes ahead of him IMO. Barnes was just phenomenal. 

Sadio's an amazing player and not just for his goal contribution. He is excellent at shielding his full back too. Thinking about it further as I'm typing this,  it's probably not a fair comparison really given how the game has changed. 

Basically, I'd ride them both. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If Sadio manages to go into midfield at the end of his career and still be as effective as he is now then I'll have to review my opinion of him. For now Barnes ahead of him IMO. Barnes was just phenomenal. 

Sadio's an amazing player and not just for his goal contribution. He is excellent at shielding his full back too. Thinking about it further as I'm typing this,  it's probably not a fair comparison really given how the game has changed. 

Basically, I'd ride them both. 

Slut. 

• Upvote 1

Not even close in my book. I love Sadio,  and his athleticism and durability are great qualities. He's probably top 5 players in the league over the last 3-4 seasons, and has a claim to being best left winger in world football. Barnes was just something else though, a truly sublime footballer. With the pitches today no-one would have got near him. There's also zero chance the club would have him running around on asphalt in preseason in gym shoes, the 200 million pound baller that he would have been... Making his career with us even better if playing today.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, lebron said:

Not even close in my book. I love Sadio,  and his athleticism and durability are great qualities. He's probably top 5 players in the league over the last 3-4 seasons, and has a claim to being best left winger in world football. Barnes was just something else though, a truly sublime footballer. With the pitches today no-one would have got near him. There's also zero chance the club would have him running around on asphalt in preseason in gym shoes, the 200 million pound baller that he would have been... Making his career with us even better if playing today.

All fucking day.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Kenny Dalglish was our best player,Barnes and Mane are up there too.

He's talking about the best player in their respective sides,  which is the point I tried to make earlier.

@lebron & @corro I was more talking about their impact on the side and their impact in our success, as opposed to just in terms of ability.

If its ability, its Barnes all the way. No question. If its impact, I think Mane has a case. And I think he'll bypass Barnes over the next 2 seasons.

32 minutes ago, Code said:

They did not really play together.

Yeah,but I thought you said 'Barnes is our best player' and I interpreted it as 'best ever.' If that's not what you meant then no problem,I misunderstood the context.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,but I thought you said 'Barnes is our best player' and I interpreted it as 'best ever.' If that's not what you meant then no problem,I misunderstood the context.

Well Mane is certainly not our 5th best player ever, he's the 4th-5th best player in the current team.

But yes you misunderstood the context, no worries.

2 minutes ago, Code said:

Well Mane is certainly not our 5th best player ever, he's the 4th-5th best player in the current team.

But yes you misunderstood the context, no worries.

That's a bold statement. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

That's a bold statement. 

Not really, Salah, Van Dijk and Alisson are easily better, then we can discuss who comes next of Mane, Trent, Thiago etc.

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think Mane is above Alisson at this point.

Mane did not even have the guts to take a penalty in the Community Shield, kids like Jones an Brewster had to take the responsibility instead.

Alisson is among the three best keepers in the world, together with Neuer and Oblak. Mane is not at that level really.

Its no shame at all in being our 4th-5th best player though, it basically means you are fuckin awesome at what you do.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Mane did not even have the guts to take a penalty in the Community Shield, kids like Jones an Brewster had to take the responsibility instead.

Alisson is among the three best keepers in the world, together with Neuer and Oblak. Mane is not at that level really.

Its no shame at all in being our 4th-5th best player though, it basically means you are fuckin awesome at what you do.

I dont think it's right you say a player did 'not even have the guts' to take a pen. Penalties are confidence kicks and Sadio has missed a couple for Senegal. If a player isnt confident in taking a kick Id rather he fessed up rather than take one in bravado and miss.

Ive said earlier I thought when he first came here Sadio made some wrong decisions on field. Cant slag him off when he makes a right one about not taking a pen if he wasnt confident.

• Upvote 1

From my calculation, Mané was our second best player last year.

For the past five years, my eyes tell me he’s been the best player along with Salah. 

• Upvote 3

Don’t forget football remains a collective sport. It’s sometimes pointless to asses player like tennis players or kids at school.