Quantcast
Sadio Mane - Page 86 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Sadio Mane

On 27/06/2016 at 13:06, JermainePennant said:

This is the worst deal the club has done, Carroll had an outstanding attribute with his ability in the air and Benteke had a 1 in 2 goal record.Mane is a poor striker who can do a job out wide, he's a very poor mans Bellamy and is very inconsistent.

If we are willing to have someone out wide who is shit for large parts of the season we should have let Ibe have a run of games to develop.I was laughing when Manu were linked with him last season and I hoped they would sign him as he is not good enough for a top club, embarrassing deal and we should have stumped up for Teixera.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:09, Frankenhooker said:

There you go, definitive proof that Mane will be a cracking signing.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:16, JermainePennant said:

No because Mane is shit technically, if your trying so say Allen couldn't cope in Barcas team then you are the one who is very wrong.A bad ball to a player in that team is ok as they have the technique to control the ball, anyone who thinks Allen would struggle in that side is deluded.

We can no longer take the piss out of city for paying 49m for Sterling, there isn't much between them and Sterling is better in most areas.He is also still very young and has years to improve while Mane is close to his peak.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:22, JermainePennant said:

We don't need just pace on the wing, we need someone with technique who is creative.Markovic can add pace as can a few others we already have Markovics stats from his first season at LFC are not much different to Manes stats last season.Mane also got 8 goals in his last 8 prem games, that shows how inconsistent he is and how poor his record would have been last season if he hadn't had that good patch at the end, we gave him 3 goals away at Southampton.

Our style of play is going to go downhill fast if the plan is to have players like Mane out wide, all he does is press and make runs behind.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:35, ZonkoVille77 said:

I've changed my mind.

Mane is going to be fucking ace. Welcome onboard, Mane.

Forgot how utterly fucking clueless JP was. 

Glorious levels of fuckwittery 

• Upvote 2

The funny thing is, bringing him in was one of the most objectively sensible transfers we could have made at the time. Adding pace and guaranteed goal scoring to an attack that was slow. There was zero reason to dislike the transfer. Zero. The easiest success to predict maybe ever. Most transfers are not like that. 

9 hours ago, Trumo said:

He's been at the club for 4 years and has never lost a league game at Anfield.

I'm sure his record also includes a couple of games for Southampton. He's bigger than the club. 

When he ripped us a new one when Southampton came back and beat us after being 2-0 down(Early in Klopp's reign? Or under Rodgers?) I never imagined he'd sign for us and become one of the world's best. I'm so glad he did.

11 hours ago, Duff Man said:

You forget just how good he is with both feet. Well, I do, anyway. Just absolute worldies with his left and right peg, here. Sensational player

He’s sensational, the best winger around. I’m glad we brought him in instead of Mario Götze (who I preferred at the time). 

45 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Such a shame we didn’t get Mkhitaryan instead.

I was really gutted we didn't get him at the time

17 hours ago, Aventus said:

Apparently last season Mané's goals gained us an extra 18 points. 

And we finished 18 points clear of 2nd.

That depends how you look at it, I would say 11 points.

He was a twat the night we lifted the trophy. Clearly doesn't like Salah and was on his phone throughout. Got selfies with everyone who got a medal until Salah then shepherded people away when Mo got on the platform. Strikes me as a bit of a bully boy. Pissed me right off. 

What a fucking player though. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

He was a twat the night we lifted the trophy. Clearly doesn't like Salah and was on his phone throughout. Got selfies with everyone who got a medal until Salah then shepherded people away when Mo got on the platform. Strikes me as a bit of a bully boy. Pissed me right off. 

What a fucking player though. 

giphy.gif