Quantcast
Sadio Mane - Page 85 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Sadio Mane

25 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The fact you got banned from the website because you chatted that much shite is amusing.

The  problem at the time was that people could not handle the truth, the truth about Mignolet and Rodgers both being extremely shite.

Now its the popular opinion.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I’m at the point now where I just post to wind you up.

You really need to try harder I'm afraid. How gutted were you on Thursday night? 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I'm off to playschool to pick up my 2 kids.  Should be a little less childish there.

Waheyyyyyy

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You really need to try harder I'm afraid. How gutted were you on Thursday night? 

It was a joke.  You seem to be overly rattled by anything I post lately.  He came after me so I had a pop back which you obviously have an issue with.  I don’t know if you’ve noticed but Code is perfectly fine looking after himself.  

Sorry to break the fourth wall here but you are one of my favourite posters on the site.  I know I have some opinions on things that people massively disagree with and I’ll back my own opinion all day but I honestly take it all in jest (other than the political stuff) and I assumed most did the other way.

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It was a joke.  You seem to be overly rattled by anything I post lately.  He came after me so I had a pop back which you obviously have an issue with.  I don’t know if you’ve noticed but Code is perfectly fine looking after himself.  

Sorry to break the fourth wall here but you are one of my favourite posters on the site.  I know I have some opinions on things that people massively disagree with and I’ll back my own opinion all day but I honestly take it all in jest (other than the political stuff) and I assumed most did the other way.

I wasn't being serious either... You have been chatting rather a lot of garbage lately to be fair. I wasn't sticking up for Code, I saw an opportunity to take the piss and took it. 

Bobby is more important than either of them anyway. 

50 minutes ago, Code said:

The  problem at the time was that people could not handle the truth, the truth about Mignolet and Rodgers both being extremely shite.

200w.webp

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I wasn't being serious either... You have been chatting rather a lot of garbage lately to be fair. I wasn't sticking up for Code, I saw an opportunity to take the piss and took it. 

I was trying to make you feel bad you heartless bastard.

6 hours ago, The Guest said:

Mane came here and basically carried us to the champions league which then brought in the better players.  Without him coming here originally we may not have seen Salah or the players that followed so quickly.  That equals the achievement of the 32 goal season from Salah for me and was more important for the club.  

Salah benefits from Mane in a way that Mane doesn’t benefit from Salah.  Just use your eyes instead of a spreadsheet and you can see it every game.  Salah will probably always score more goals than Mane and in part it’s because he’s more greedy.  It doesn’t mean he’s a better player or is more important at all.  Mane tends to score and create more important goals than Salah because he’s better at playing against deeper defences than him.  They’ve also gone toe to toe in goals the past two seasons which funnily enough has coincided with Salah passing the ball more.

That line in bold is nonsense. 

Mane is consistently good. He is a constant threat to the opposition, he scores hugely important goals and he plays brilliantly well with those around him.

Salah is often more greedy, and often less consistent, but also scores hugely important goals (and generally more than Mane) but as pointed out previously, when he plays, everyone else gets more space than when he doesn’t.

the number of times they both play and Salah has 2 or 3 men on him is considerable. Mane rarely gets that attention unless Salah is missing, and so when Salah plays, just by being there Mane has better opportunities to use the ball.

it doesn’t have to be a competition of which is better or more important that the other unless we have to decide to sell one of them, which we don’t.

as it is, it’s fucking awesome that both are here and both perform to a bloody high standard most of the time.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2016 at 23:32, Soft Joe said:

Just heard on the radio we've paid £30 million to Southampton. My initial reaction was oh fuck off we've had our pants pulled down again. Carroll, Benteke, Downing, Lallana and now Mane. All massively overpriced. All bought from other premier league clubs. All varying degrees of shite. We never learn do we? I really hope I'm wrong. I'm not saying Mane is shite but I just think for that sort of money surely there is better value out there away from the premier league??

Just looking at some of the major transfers of Summer 2016.

Pogba to United - £89m

Stones to City - £47.5m

Mustafi to Arsenal - £35m

Xhakha to Arsenal - £33.8

Batshuayi to Chelsea - £33.2m

Slimani to Leicester - £29m

For £34m, I reckon we got our money's worth.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Code said:

Never change.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

I never get tired of rewatching his debut goal against Arsenal away. Waterway to announce yourself in your first game. 

Here it is... together with the next 49.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just looking at some of the major transfers of Summer 2016.

Pogba to United - £89m

Stones to City - £47.5m

Mustafi to Arsenal - £35m

Xhakha to Arsenal - £33.8

Batshuayi to Chelsea - £33.2m

Slimani to Leicester - £29m

For £34m, I reckon we got our money's worth.

That quote is fucking outrageous. Although it’s 4 years old in fairness and the preceding 4 years we had bought shite including a couple of expensive underwhelming signings from Southampton. So probably a bit more apprehensive back then. Once bitten and all that.
Klopp (and Edwards) has been almost flawless since then in his transfer dealings and pretty much everything else. He can do whatever he likes really. Who am I to question it? Well done though for making me feel silly on the internet!

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Here it is... together with the next 49.

7 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Where?

Oh balls.

That's what is traditionally called "a RiS up".

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

That quote is fucking outrageous. Although it’s 4 years old in fairness and the preceding 4 years we had bought shite including a couple of expensive underwhelming signings from Southampton. So probably a bit more apprehensive back then. Once bitten and all that.
Klopp (and Edwards) has been almost flawless since then in his transfer dealings and pretty much everything else. He can do whatever he likes really. Who am I to question it? Well done though for making me feel silly on the internet!

Sorry for picking on you. You were by no means alone in that opinion, I just wanted to show, in hindsight, how other big signings worked out.

(If I'd really wanted to highlight the King of Wrongness, I would have quoted JP arguing the case for Benteke over Mané.)

It is funny reading the first couple of pages to see (1) how wary we all were, after so many shit signings; and (2) how far Mané has exceeded our expectations.

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Oh balls.

That's what is traditionally called "a RiS up".

That goal against stoke in the orange strip about 3 minutes in brings a smile to my face. 

I know this is about Sadio and how ace he is, but how many strikers in Bobby’s shoes there’s let the ball roll in and don’t smash it in on the line? Especially when you remember seeing details of his goal bonus.

love our lads up top.

I thought Mané was great business right from the off, mainly because Everton bought Bolasie for similar money which allowed Palace to take Benteke off Liverpool's hands. Looked at like that, Mané was a gamble with house money. Thankfully I have never done anything silly on the internet, which I can say with confidence having disabled any use of 'Balotelli' in the search function.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Now we're talking.

Bobby's the acest.

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Get a room fuckers.