You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

The Hazard thing is interesting.  I don’t think he will leave this year either.  I think he’s made his mind up that he’s leaving to go to Real and I think he did a while ago.  He’s not daft though.  He knows Chelsea with Abramovich’s infinite money would just outright refuse to sell him while he was contracted and if he played up they would be one of the few clubs who could just throw you in the reserves and ruin your career which is why he’s played nice while running his contract down.

It’s hit the crunch point for them now.  They’ve never been in this position before.  Their best player wants to leave and they aren’t in control.  They can either sell him for under his value or watch him walk away for nothing in a year.  They’re in the process of trying to talk the price up through the media saying they will have to sell him for 100m “which is under his value” but they’re not kidding anyone.  Real won’t go anywhere near that if they can get him in a year for nothing.  Meanwhile Real are doing the opposite.  There was an article on sky sports the other week clearly written by some stooge.  The funniest line in it which was obviously the whole point it was written was that this summer “it was now or never for Hazard.”  Where have we heard that before?  As if Real are going to be willing to sign someone for money and a season later decide against signing this player for free.  The state they are in as well.  Personally I think he will go on a free because Chelsea just don’t need the money.  The only sniff of them talking about tightening the purse strings was something do with not wanting to sign Kepa because the price was too much but in the end that still happened.

The Bale thing is even funnier than the Hazard thing.  Every couple of days there’s an article from some Madrid chief saying they will need to sell Bale in the summer to raise money (get his wages off the books) and it’s followed by someone in the Bale camp saying he loves Real and will not leave.  He won’t get those wages anywhere else because he’s a crock which is why he won’t leave.

I bloody love Sadio.

the chance he created for himself with his strength and pace to turn a man, break into the area and smash his shot goalwards and force a corner sums up how he’s played for the vast majority of this season.

hes playing with such (justified) confidence and it’s great knowing that he’ll be doing plenty more of it til the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You only appreciate just how good that header is from that angle. The technique to produce the power,  the curl and the spin on it is superlative.

True, there wasn't a lot of pace in the cross from Hendo. Mané is on another level at the moment. He has physical attributes that lots of pro's can only dream about.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even without a goal, he was brilliant last night. Tireless, great movement, strong and iron willed. Instrumental in setting the pace that had the Barca defence all over the place. How many forward have made Alba and Pique look as bad as that, this year?

Mo Salah often gets the praise, but IMO (and Carra’s apparently) Sadio’s our best attacking player. Actually he’s up there with the very best. Messi, last night apart, is probably still better, but Sadio’s getting closer.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I was so jealous of Chelsea when they had  dangerous and Lacey wide players in Duff and Robben.. Sadio currently is better than either of them ever was. Mental.

I don't mind wingers who are dangerous but I'd prefer not to know that they also wear lingerie.

• Upvote 1