You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

2 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Totally agree. If Sturridge can stay fit and be an impact sub for us this season, then it’s a massive bonus.

Him taking up a place in the starting eleven and doing a job for 90 minutes in a Klopp team is as likely as Ian Rush returning to be our leading goalscorer next season.

My moneys on Rushie

55 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Totally agree. If Sturridge can stay fit and be an impact sub for us this season, then it’s a massive bonus.

Him taking up a place in the starting eleven and doing a job for 90 minutes in a Klopp team is as likely as Ian Rush returning to be our leading goalscorer next season.

I’d agree with you but some would point out that Studge has scored a goal every 53 minutes so far this season, very impressive when compared to Bobby’s a goal every 260 minutes. I mean, Sturridge could play the next two games without scoring a goal, he’d still have better goal per minute ratio than Bobby. 

• Downvote 5

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

I’d agree with you but some would point out that Studge has scored a goal every 53 minutes so far this season, very impressive when compared to Bobby’s a goal every 260 minutes. I mean, Sturridge could play the next two games without scoring a goal, he’d still have better goal per minute ratio than Bobby. 

What about over the past 3 years where Firmino’s is way better? 

9 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I wouldn't argue for him replacing any of the front 3 for a run of games.  I would argue that, against a piss-poor team, he's good enough to start if any of our front 3 are injured. 

Shaqiri is also a good shout.

The point is, we don't need to rush Mané back this season.

9 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

Agree. Coutinho still made Salah and Firmino appear half decent for a number months after he'd left the club. In fact, they got better once he'd gone. That's how good he was. 

And let's not forget the effect he's having on the team populated with average players at Barcelona. This season they are blowing all the opposition away with sensational score draws and defeats, with the occasional victory mixed in.

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

I'm not sure that you and Sturridge's agent qualifies as "some".

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

And let's not forget the effect he's having on the team populated with average players at Barcelona. This season they are blowing all the opposition away with sensational score draws and defeats, with the occasional victory mixed in.

They’re not playing him right. Coutinho should be played on the left of a front three as opposed to midfield three.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

What about over the past 3 years where Firmino’s is way better? 

Sturridge was not really fit. I’m not arguing to start him over Bobby, but if one of our three seemingly undroppable forwards is not fit to play, we have a player who’s on fire in front of goal on the bench. I’d give him a go.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He was perfectly suited to our style. Barca's slow buildup doesn't play to his strengths, it's all built for Messi.

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I wouldn't argue for him replacing any of the front 3 for a run of games.  I would argue that, against a piss-poor team, he's good enough to start if any of our front 3 are injured. 

Shaqiri is also a good shout.

The point is, we don't need to rush Mané back this season.

While he hasn't played well,Mane that is,the same could be applied to both Salah and Firmino too. The questions that I'm sure Klopp is mulling over are a bit like these; Is our current form just a natural reaction from having a much tighter defence and gk? Have our forwards lost their element of surprise? Do I need to change the system to accomodate a more attack minded midfielder? Is this a world cup hangover for the players? And so on. Only Jurgen will know the answers as he is working with the players day to day on the training pitch,but these stupid fuckin internationals have ruined any momentum for any of the top clubs at present.

33 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Sturridge was not really fit. I’m not arguing to start him over Bobby, but if one of our three seemingly undroppable forwards is not fit to play, we have a player who’s on fire in front of goal on the bench. I’d give him a go.

His header was basically a sitter and the Chelsea goal came after missing an open goal. A threat off the bench but hardly “ on fire “

42 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I'm in agreement with that as I've always liked Sturridge, but you're using skewed stats. A goal to game ratio means nothing after 10 games. 

3 hours ago, mgw100 said:

Agree. Coutinho still made Salah and Firmino appear half decent for a number months after he'd left the club. In fact, they got better once he'd gone. That's how good he was. 

This is cucked. We are far worse in an attacking sense since Coutinho left.

The front three are all top class at least. They will click. Coutinho shit on us and Fekir was just not to be. AOC is a miss currently, once Keita settles he will be fine.

Shaqiri should be playing in midfield. Fabinho will also be fine. 

I would hate to see the responses if we weren’t joint top.

26 minutes ago, Hades said:

This is cucked. We are far worse in an attacking sense since Coutinho left.

We have a similar amount of goals scored to the same stage last season and even though I haven't looked at the figures we were scoring at a similar rate after he left when the front three played.