You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind Salah and Mane sitting this one out. Even VVD if he isn't right. Its huddersfield away and if we can't beat them then we haven't improved our squad at all. 

Allison

Trent Gomez Lovren Robbo

Henderson Keita Milner

Shaquiri Firmino Sturridge 

Should be able to beat these. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Sturridge on the left. I look forward to seeing him bombing up and down the wing, covering the fullback.

Firmino will move outwide to accommodate Sturridge and we’ll weaken both positions as a result.

Hopefully Mane is fit.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Because we have to throw our strongest XI against the mighty Huddersfield if we're to have any chance. 

To be fair i think we have all seen all too many times that when we either choose to or are forced to make signifcant changes and not play our best players we struggle badly to get good results.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

To be fair i think we have all seen all too many times that when we either choose to or are forced to make signifcant changes and not play our best players we struggle badly to get good results.

Our front three aren't yet firing the wày we know they can, so switching from Mané to a fit and in-form Sturridge against one of the worst teams in the league doesn't seem a guarantee of defeat to me. 

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Our front three aren't yet firing the wày we know they can, so switching from Mané to a fit and in-form Sturridge against one of the worst teams in the league doesn't seem a guarantee of defeat to me. 

A front 3 of either Sturridge out wide where he is always ineffective or Firmino shunted out there - where he is less effective too to accomodate Sturridge centrally and possibly no Salah does not inspire massive confidence.

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves with Sturridge. While he is still brilliant from a goalscoring point of view he is very ineffective using a press nor has the fitness/stamina to be more than an impact player. For me Shaqiri is first reserve for front three. We cannot afford slip ups in PL games.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves with Sturridge. While he is still brilliant from a goalscoring point of view he is very ineffective using a press nor has the fitness/stamina to be more than an impact player. For me Shaqiri is first reserve for front three. We cannot afford slip ups in PL games.

Totally agree. If Sturridge can stay fit and be an impact sub for us this season, then it’s a massive bonus.

Him taking up a place in the starting eleven and doing a job for 90 minutes in a Klopp team is as likely as Ian Rush returning to be our leading goalscorer next season.