You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

The thing we must need is a reliable 20 goal striker. Goals change games and if we go 1-0 up most teams are still too terrified to attack us. I think Sturridge is the best striker in the country not named Sergio, but depending on his fitness has already cost one manager his job.

In the past I think we were reliant on Sturridge to stay fit.

But with Origi and Firmino, I don't think that's the case.

Origi got a goal every 133 mins last season in the PL.  That would get over 20 goals over 38 games.

Firmino was at his best last season IMO, when he lead the line on his own.  Scoring regularly.  Think he suited that role much more than the No. 10 position. 

I'm not convinced Sturridge is Klopp's main striker anyway when everyone is fit. He should be IMO, but I think he likes Origi & Firmino just as much as Sturridge.

• Upvote 1

This is the worst deal the club has done, Carroll had an outstanding attribute with his ability in the air and Benteke had a 1 in 2 goal record.Mane is a poor striker who can do a job out wide, he's a very poor mans Bellamy and is very inconsistent.

If we are willing to have someone out wide who is shit for large parts of the season we should have let Ibe have a run of games to develop.I was laughing when Manu were linked with him last season and I hoped they would sign him as he is not good enough for a top club, embarrassing deal and we should have stumped up for Teixera.

• Downvote 3

This is the worst deal the club has done, Carroll had an outstanding attribute with his ability in the air and Benteke had a 1 in 2 goal record.Mane is a poor striker who can do a job out wide, he's a very poor mans Bellamy and is very inconsistent.

If we are willing to have someone out wide who is shit for large parts of the season we should have let Ibe have a run of games to develop.I was laughing when Manu were linked with him last season and I hoped they would sign him as he is not good enough for a top club, embarrassing deal and we should have stumped up for Teixera.

There you go, definitive proof that Mane will be a cracking signing.

• Upvote 4

Absolute nonsense, your man bought numerous players for big money without a fucking clue what to do with them, players everyone knew they'd fail.

Klopp is buying pace for the right wing, something we need.  Mane may or may not prove to be good enough but he's not a guranteed failure like numerous Rodgers signings so fuck off back to the celticway.

But would Mané be able to slot into the Barca side alongside Allen?

No because Mane is shit technically, if your trying so say Allen couldn't cope in Barcas team then you are the one who is very wrong.A bad ball to a player in that team is ok as they have the technique to control the ball, anyone who thinks Allen would struggle in that side is deluded.

We can no longer take the piss out of city for paying 49m for Sterling, there isn't much between them and Sterling is better in most areas.He is also still very young and has years to improve while Mane is close to his peak.

• Downvote 2

Absolute nonsense, your man bought numerous players for big money without a fucking clue what to do with them, players everyone knew they'd fail.

Klopp is buying pace for the right wing, something we need. Mane may or may not prove to be good enough but he's not a guranteed failure like numerous Rodgers signings so fuck off back to the celticway.

We don't need just pace on the wing, we need someone with technique who is creative.Markovic can add pace as can a few others we already have Markovics stats from his first season at LFC are not much different to Manes stats last season.Mane also got 8 goals in his last 8 prem games, that shows how inconsistent he is and how poor his record would have been last season if he hadn't had that good patch at the end, we gave him 3 goals away at Southampton.

Our style of play is going to go downhill fast if the plan is to have players like Mane out wide, all he does is press and make runs behind.

I've changed my mind.

Mane is going to be fucking ace. Welcome onboard, Mane.