You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

31 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yeah it's sad he's gone but he can get to fuck with this load of shite:

"It's one of the biggest clubs in the world and the team is always fighting for every title. So for me it was a very good idea and the right decision to come here."

Bigger than Liverpool?  Get to fuck mate. 

24 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

"I'm with a very, very competitive team now." Has he hit his head? Daft twat.

Calm down, he isn't having a dig at Liverpool, he's bigging up Bayern to get his new fans excited. Pretty standard stuff.

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

"It's one of the biggest clubs in the world and the team is always fighting for every title. So for me it was a very good idea and the right decision to come here."

Did he say this?

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Did he say this?

No. He said "It's one of the biggest clubs in the world and the team is always fighting for every title. So for me it was a very good idea and the right decision to come here."

23 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Klopp has spent his whole career losing his best players to rivals. He shrugs his shoulders and gets on with it and sees it as part of the game. Of course we plan for players leaving, any responsible business does and I find it surprising you think we don't. Before klopp, we signed Suarez to a new deal, didn't plan for him going, watched him bite a player in the WC and we had absolutely no plan whatsoever to cope with that loss. I don't believe for a second fsg would let that happen again and as I said, it's one of klopp's key core skills. 

He hasn't spent the last 7 years of his career losing his best players, which is what our whole discussion is based on.

22 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Not sure where you got that theory from 'cos I never said FSG would sell someone without Klopp's blessings.

Apart from this bit you mean?

"...there was only one choice FSG would have taken and they cannot be blamed."

23 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I think that's harsh, for clubs Salzburg and before them teams like Villareal and Sevilla it's a perfectly valid strategy and allows them to survive and improve.

A valid strategy.

Just not our strategy.

19 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is the strategy of about 90% of all clubs in world football. Has nothing to do with being a "winner" - it is reality.

We are in the top 1%? That's what my point has to do with it and you're perfectly aware of this.

8 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

He quite literally hasn’t said they are bigger than Liverpool in the quote above? He’s said Bayern are one of the biggest clubs in the world. Which they unquestionably are. 

He’s going to say the standard stuff in his press conference that every new signing says about their new clubs when he’s finally signed. The twitter idiots will twist it and act all riled like pathetic little kids not getting their way. Let’s not do that here. Let’s act like grown ups. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JohnnyH said:

He quite literally hasn’t said they are bigger than Liverpool in the quote above? He’s said Bayern are one of the biggest clubs in the world. Which they unquestionably are. 

He’s going to say the standard stuff in his press conference that every new signing says about their new clubs when he’s finally signed. The twitter idiots will twist it and act all riled like pathetic little kids not getting their way. Let’s not do that here. Let’s act like grown ups. 

I know.

Just pissed me off. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, m0e said:

He hasn't spent the last 7 years of his career losing his best players, which is what our whole discussion is based on.

Coutinho was one of our best players. I know you'll come back with "he'd have never have bought him", but he played him every week and we'd just awarded him a massive contract. He's just lost mane who was one of our best players just last season and was the start of his refneration here. And as I say, if it wasn't for covid, we'd have probably lost some in-between and we're losing Salah next year. We won't agree on this and we're just going round in circles. 

9 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Nothing in that says "bigger than Liverpool".

10 hours ago, Aventus said:

Calm down, he isn't having a dig at Liverpool, he's bigging up Bayern to get his new fans excited. Pretty standard stuff.

Fuck off with your 'calm down'. It was a gratuitously disrespectful comment about a club that gave him at least as much as he gave it. 

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Fuck off with your 'calm down'. It was a gratuitously disrespectful comment about a club that gave him at least as much as he gave it. 

It wasn't disrespectful of Liverpool in any conceivable way - so, yeah, calm down; there's enough real shit in the world to get unhealthily stressed about, you don't need to invent any more.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

As with last month, those quotes - which are harmless anyway -  are most likely translated. He's behaved impeccably, as have our club in not making life more difficult for him when it was clear he wanted to go. 

I heard that the correct translation was "Bayern's a massive club - not like that poxy little shithole I've just escaped from. Thank fuck I'm out of there. I can't even remember what it was called, now."

Worra cunt!