You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

8 hours ago, Strontium said:

Gonna miss this cat when he goes. Big shoes to fill for whoever replaces him.

I stuck that on for a second. The first goal there, I don't think he has that pace anymore and that player has pretty much gone. That's not to say he didn't do well once he went to the 9 position, but watching that has strangely made me feel better about him going. 

Klopp is the best in the business, but he’s not infallible and if it is anyway his choice to allow Mane to leave then he is wrong.

He’s absolutely wrong and there’s not a son of a bitch on this forum who can convince me otherwise.

”Oh yeah, we should sell one of the all time great Liverpool forwards instead of offering him what he wants, while he’s at the peak of his powers.”

Fuck that.

Pay him and Pay Salah.

They have no bad habits and the only other two forwards on their level are 3 or 4 years older.

I’ve got whisky older than Nunez.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Klopp is the best in the business, but he’s not infallible and if it is anyway his choice to allow Mane to leave then he is wrong.

He’s absolutely wrong and there’s not a son of a bitch on this forum who can convince me otherwise.

”Oh yeah, we should sell one of the all time great Liverpool forwards instead of offering him what he wants, while he’s at the peak of his powers.”

Fuck that.

Pay him and Pay Salah.

They have no bad habits and the only other two forwards on their level are 3 or 4 years older.

I’ve got whisky older than Nunez.

Mane has been showing a bit of tude lately, so possibly it’s a calculated move to keep the vibe in the dressing room harmonious. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I'll miss him as a footballer, at his best he was a world beater. 

Won't miss his attitude though. Bayern can deal with his tantrums now. 

His attitude was fantastic throughout his time with us. Conducted himself brilliantly on and off the pitch.

As winners do, he got a bit cranky a few times when he was substituted. Wouldn't have a go at him over that. 

7 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I'll miss him as a footballer, at his best he was a world beater. 

Won't miss his attitude though. Bayern can deal with his tantrums now. 

What attitude? The guy was good as gold for us all these years. If you are talking about his attitude after Mo didn't pass the ball to him, I wish Mane kicked Mo in the bollocks 'cos Mo still has not started passing the ball to those who are in better positions.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Will be the first top player who's left us for a long time that I don't want to turn to shit. 

Yeah, well put. He's earned that.

Think Gini went with the best wishes of most too, despite the awful club he joined. 

On 11/06/2022 at 11:14, Barrington Womble said:

I stuck that on for a second. The first goal there, I don't think he has that pace anymore and that player has pretty much gone. That's not to say he didn't do well once he went to the 9 position, but watching that has strangely made me feel better about him going. 

Definitely lost a tiny bit over 10-15 yards, and I think that showed when we brought Diaz in. still quick over the first 5 though as Zac Steffen can confirm. The transition to bring a number 9 came at a perfect time, and I think as a 9 he'll be playing world class for at least 3 years and top level for at least 5, the man's a machine. Also this talk of a big forward to bully defenders, Mane can do that, one of the strongest guys I've ever seen. Unbelievable player 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Legend and will be sorely missed regardless of who we've brought in or who we do in the future. 

Good luck to him except the inevitable two ties against us in the Champions League next season. 

Shame with this bit at the end of the season but what a player.

10 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Can’t believe how blasé about losing him some are. A phenomenal player who’s been playing some of his best football ever for past 6 months, 

Yeah he's boss and will be a huge loss, but if he wants to go that's all she wrote. I'm happy for the lad if he wants one final crack at a different league, just hope it all runs smoothly now and we see him back here in a few years commentating or something for ESPN and getting a standing ovation. 

• Upvote 1

Love Sadio, he's been a great player for us and I'm gutted he's going.

It's a pity the way it's panning out but I think after his service to the club, which has been fantastic, he deserves to go with our best wishes.

The front 3 he played in was one of the best we have seen, fast and lethal, just brilliant and we were priveleged to have seen it here, but sides evolve and I'm sure Jurgen has a plan in mind to bring continued success with Diaz, Darwin and Mo ( for how long he stays) with Jota and Bobby as back up, that's some front line.

A bit more creativity in midfield, a decent back up right back and that's some side.

28 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Can’t believe how blasé about losing him some are. A phenomenal player who’s been playing some of his best football ever for past 6 months, 

He wants to leave and the club and he looked pretty far off in terms of finding a new agreement. We've also bought 2 forwards in 2 windows for a lot of money to replace him. It seems like a pretty mutual and straightforward separation, there's not much point in being wound up about it at this point.