You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

he made several big donations in Senegal, in the region of 40k to 500k then there is a mention he built unspecified number of schools, hospitals and mosques and gives money to again unspecified number of people. So he gives a lot to charity, mostly in and around his hometown

Well that to me says he gives a lot away. Don't really see an argument here.

20 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Well that to me says he gives a lot away. Don't really see an argument here.

There is a big leap (for me) from someone who makes a lot of money, but is aware of his roots and has, I don't know, a self imposed tax for the monthly donations to families below the poverty line and financing projects in his home village / area to give something back to the community he hails from and someone who is a total maverick, despises everything around highest level professional sport and / or material possessions, or has political views to the similar effect and thus keeps only a small percentage of his earnings for himself and simply gives everything else away.

So, one is a good person or a decent person with a good publicist (or there may be other, cultural, possibly religious considerations), the other one would be something special, worth learning much more about.

The thing is, everyone just seems to rehash the same few bits of general information, even the "genius" blog article lincked above does it, and I've seen this Mane-gives-most-of-it-away anyway info crop up several times. As he is (to me) hard to read anyway as a person/character (he comes across as sufficiently "weird" to actually be that unique saintly or idiosyncratic "anti-footballer") it tickled my fancy, but there is apparently not much info on it.

5 minutes ago, suzy said:

Bored with this circus - roll on first day of the season!

Yeah hopefully we get all our business done before season - none of this "deadline day" shite.

Ins and outs....

A good pre season and hit ground running.

We all know margin for error in league is virtually zero, so we don't want first month of season marred by Mane sulking/waiting on a replacement etc.....get it all sorted nice and early, all done and dusted and hit ground running.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Baresi said:

Didn’t know the best place to put this….

Excellent, that. Brought a tear to my eye. So much joy that front three has brought us, no matter what happens now, nothing should tarnish that. And those passes from Firmino… Still wish he’d started the final.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You absolute bozo. It’s clearly only 85.714285714286% racist. 

I’m not necessarily proud that I did the maths on that one. 

I rounded to the nearest 10%. I cant be a slave to exactism.

That last sentence may be about just under 20% racist.

• Upvote 2

On 08/06/2022 at 13:32, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We should offer them £1m for Gnabry plus bonuses if he wins Eurovision, stars as Batman and has a baby.

All of this is more likely than the Christian Benteke activation clause...

This £2.5 million payment would have required Palace to secure Champions League football, with Benteke playing at least 70 percent of their games as well as scoring at least 20 goals in the process.