You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Gutted he is going but from his point of view it makes perfect sense. He has won everything with us, going to a massive club so not a step down, will earn much more than having to negotiate with FSG for months, shoein to win the title. 

Thanks for the wonderful memories Sadio. Hope you continue to score a ton for them. 

I don't think this is the doom and gloom scenario that some are making out. Age catches up to everyone eventually, and we'll have had Sadio's best years and won the lot with him. Getting either a transfer fee or another year out of him on top of that is icing on the cake really.

If he does go this summer we'll get another forward and whoever we get will likely be boss. I think the club should have earned our trust when it comes to transfers at this point.

10 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Hazard? Courtois? Sane?

Madrid are Madrid and had won three European Cups in a row, Sane I’ll give you though.

It just feels like a massive kick in the teeth to be losing Mané and, it seems, getting another season of a Salah who is just waiting to see out his contract before fucking off on a free.

Voluntarily selling one to freshen up the squad you could understand, and I think the expectation for a while was that we’d let one go and extend the other, but now it seems as though we face losing both in quick succession. 

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Madrid are Madrid and had won three European Cups in a row, Sane I’ll give you though.

It just feels like a massive kick in the teeth to be losing Mané and, it seems, getting another season of a Salah who is just waiting to see out his contract before fucking off on a free. Selling one to freshen up the squad you can understand, but these are players we wanted to keep and have to face losing both in quick succession.

Maybe if salah doesn’t sign, the club should make it clear that we want to move him on and accept suitable bids from suitors. Yes, he doesn’t have to go but he’s put the club into a corner with his comments. 
The club could do the same, at the end of the day we can’t allow this to destabilise next season. I expect him to leave. Let it be now if he isn’t signing.

6 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It just feels like a massive kick in the teeth to be losing Mané and, it seems, getting another season of a Salah who is just waiting to see out his contract before fucking off on a free. Selling one to freshen up the squad you can understand, but these are players we wanted to keep and have to face losing both in quick succession.

Is Bayern a small team? It’s not great but let’s not pretend that it’s unique.

Sad as it is its a good time to move Sadio on and get a younger replacement .Sadio been a magnificent servant for us and will never be forgotten .We creat so many chances in 3 finals and didnt score a goal i have faith in Jurgen and staff to replace Sadio,Origi and probably Taki and refresh our attack

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm very sorry to see him go and think it's a magnificent signing for whoever gets him i'd rather he went to Bayern than PSG(cunts) though. I wonder if this was to create more cash for Salah?

We have bought his replacement already with Diaz.

Maybe we need money to buy Firmino’s replacement. 

9 minutes ago, Code said:

We have bought his replacement already with Diaz.

Maybe we need money to buy Firmino’s replacement. 

I said nothing about replacements just that maybe his wages might fund Salah's contract increase?

I wouldnt look forward to playing against Sadio either.

Salah has already confirmed he is staying for a year. 

so it will be Diaz/Jota on the left. 
Salah/Jota and a bargain signing Klopp will hope can help in cup games and eventually turn into a super star on the right and Bobby will play back up to a big striker down the middle I guess. 

teams have figured out a way to defend us currently so I think we may have a big striker play down the middle. 

by fuck I hope this Kane rumour is just a rumour. 

anyway. Back to sadio. Had his best years havent we. 
wish him all the best but I must admit I do like when players don't perform at the same level for a new team. 

as long as he doesn't score against us