You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Er...

Sadio does. Diaz doesn't.

Sadios isn't great though, people can barely be arsed singing it. 

He had a good one til that beaut on soccer am ruined it. 

Diaz seems to have the Suarez song, can't say I'm pleased about it but it's a song and if I have a problem with it then I need to complain about Robbos too. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Diaz seems to have the Suarez song, can't say I'm pleased about it but it's a song and if I have a problem with it then I need to complain about Robbos too. 

I can barely remember that. Was it "Sugar, Sugar"? What were the words?

I like his ABBA song. We need to get Tsimikas's ABBA song up and running to go with it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I can barely remember that. Was it "Sugar, Sugar"? What were the words?

I like his ABBA song. We need to get Tsimikas's ABBA song up and running to go with it.

Yeah, it was to the tune of sugar, sugar. "Oh Mane Mane". 

The Tsimikas song is great, a bit disappointed that it hasn't taken off properly.

22 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Diaz is too good for cast-offs. I posted one on his thread with so-so lyrics, but set to Bella Ciao, which is a belting tune.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Physically, he has been immensely impressive. People use the amount of football Salah has played to excuse him. Mané has played almost as much and he's being decisive.

His confidence is sky high at the moment as well though. Mo's probably isn't. 

45 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Can’t believe the amount who wrote him off. The fella is different class, one of best ever players.

I didn’t quite write him off last year, but I was very concerned. It wasn’t just lacking in his physical dynamism, but there were games when he was hiding which he never ever did, before.

Those concerns have been rubbished as he’s added a new dimension to his game in the middle, but the age and performance means it was totally justified to be worried initially, IMO.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I didn’t quite write him off last year, but I was very concerned. It wasn’t just lacking in his physical dynamism, but there were games when he was hiding which he never ever did, before.

Those concerns have been rubbished as he’s added a new dimension to his game in the middle, but the age and performance means it was totally justified to be worried initially, IMO.

Nothing wrong with objective criticism Kev. I think most of us were concerned.  Love the guy though and I'm delighted he's back

I thought he was done, to be honest. His form properly fell off a cliff last season.

I'm not sure he's returned to 2018 to 20 levels, but the move central, plus Diaz coming in has definitely helped him.

Massive player for us, and what a signing.

• Upvote 1

Him and Firmino were probably among the biggest victims of our defensive line dropping about 20 yards since Virgil's/Gomez' injuries last year. Both of them feed more than most on the energy from the crowds as well. Add bouts of Covid and injuries, and you get most of the explanation of their under-par performances.

55 minutes ago, m0e said:

I thought he was done, to be honest. His form properly fell off a cliff last season.

I'm not sure he's returned to 2018 to 20 levels, but the move central, plus Diaz coming in has definitely helped him.

Massive player for us, and what a signing.

Think he was asked about the Diaz signing putting his position under threat and he said something to the effect of “actually, this will make me and the team better” and man did he call it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Nothing wrong with objective criticism Kev. I think most of us were concerned.  Love the guy though and I'm delighted he's back

Absolutely.

I don’t think anyone was calling him a cunt; it was more like deflation that a relative isn’t the person they used to be. The season before people were arguing that Mane deserved a place in the all time XI over Barnes.

Barnes, Dec. Barnes!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

What a smile.

I like to think that he said to himself before yesterday's match: 'Mo's struggling at the moment so it's down to me to put it up to these cunts'. 

And that's exactly what he did. 

FB_IMG_1650148325081.jpgSaw a stat that he’s got more goals against city than any other any other side in the league now. One more than he has against Palace. 

not sure if that’s just for us or includes his time with Southampton.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

What a smile.

I like to think that he said to himself before yesterday's match: 'Mo's struggling at the moment so it's down to me to put it up to these cunts'. 

And that's exactly what he did. 

FB_IMG_1650148325081.jpg

A bit of perspex for the man of the match awards, I've won better trophies for local 12-car rallies than that.

• Upvote 1