Paco

Sadio Mane

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season, catching covid, no fans, no pre season, injuries elsewhere on the pitch affecting the balance if the team etc. 

I'm worried now though, I think he's lost that edge, his feet seem to be a second or two behind his brain. 

His energy is back. The rest will follow

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Razoray said:

You're right he does have the energy, and I can't fault his determination despite things not going his way. Just hope it clicks for him. 

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

Yep. Even when he's struggling to score, he's still tenderising defences for his team mates to feast on.

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season, catching covid, no fans, no pre season, injuries elsewhere on the pitch affecting the balance if the team etc. 

I'm worried now though, I think he's lost that edge, his feet seem to be a second or two behind his brain. 

Yeah, I think it's a legitimate worry. But I guess the trade off is he's started 4 games and scored 2. Which seems a pretty decent return which over a season I'm sure we'd settle for. 

For me I think what bothers me is at our best we had many games where we won based on being the best in both boxes. We struggled with that right across last season and one of the big reasons in their box was mane. Even at the weekend when he scored, he had about a million chances. You get away with it some weeks, but it'll bite us in the arse if it continues. 

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We set such high standards that any slight drop in form is met with a hysterical fanny reaction.

Yep. Firmino will be rusty on his return and he’ll replace Mané at the top of the bedwetters’ list. They’ll be gunning for Jota too after that miss yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Love him, but don't know what to think just now. 

Excellent finish, however he used to do that and everything else as well.

He seems to have lost his explosiveness and the ability to use his strength and turn away from the fullback.  Maybe we should try him through the middle as the striker, his finishing is still there.  Yes he misses a few but so does everyone else.

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

His goals ratio is very good this season despite him looking poor.

I think he'll be ok. Slowly, very slowly coming back to himself. 

Beautiful goal that will instil his old confidence. I think we’re going to see a more fluid synergy between Sadio and Mo this season. That goal was against the best defence in the Prem. Superb.

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Thought he was really good today overall. Brilliant finish for the goal. 

Very surprised at that, mate.

Did really well for the goal, but the ball was bouncing him off in the first half to an alarming extent.

I fucking love Mane but that performance despite the goal was utter dogshit. Jota looks sharp but he's never a centre forward. Time to get him on the left 

31 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Very surprised at that, mate.

Did really well for the goal, but the ball was bouncing him off in the first half to an alarming extent.

To be fair, I probably only see the good in anything he does. I definitely think he’s improving. He had a much better second half today. 

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

He seems to have lost the ability to play football. 

Yeah, goal aside today, he didn't do a thing right and it seems to be game after game. The only comfort I'm taking is at least he's scoring. 

3 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Beautiful goal that will instil his old confidence. I think we’re going to see a more fluid synergy between Sadio and Mo this season. That goal was against the best defence in the Prem. Superb.

This gets said after every goal he scores.  It’s not a confidence issue in the slightest, never was.

It probably is a confidence issue. It's probably not physical, he's playing as much football, running and trying as many things as he's always had, his decision making is just atrocious.