You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

6 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Saying you're glad you're now at a club that's really competitive is either disrespectful or fucking stupid, one or the other, as I'm sure you already know. This isn't the 1980s, when you could chat to one audience and say something different to another and assume neither would be the wiser. People in their 20s or 30s surely don't need having that explained. To be classy these days necessitates being aware of how and where your comments are consumed. 

I’m going to ignore your odd attempt to patronise to focus on the topic at hand. He said he was happy to move to another big club who’s competitive every year. That’s a fair enough assessment of Bayern Munich and not at all disrespectful to Liverpool. 

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Kenny's biggest mistake was holding onto aging players to long and eventually it caught up with us. Moving Mane on now is good for everyone. 

We now have two outstanding young players for the attack we can develop, we got our money back on Mane and we can refresh the attack and go again.

Kenny went cos his brain was frazzled 

Beardsley played for 2 years ager we sold him and Barnes was still there under Evans.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Probably an argument between him and Barnes for the LW spot in our all time 11 so I would say yes, he’s one of our best ever players.

Not even a debate that for imho 

Barnes was one of the greatest players we have ever had

Sad to see him go but even I can acknowledge that we've seen the best of him already. 

The last couple of seasons he wasn't anywhere near his best, but seemed to pick up a bit when moved into the middle. There was a couple of games around when we played city twice in a week where he did really look back to his best but that was short lived.

We definitely needed a change, and you can check the match threads over the last couple of seasons to see how frustrating he was at times.

Most important thing is we still have Klopp so we'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aws said:

That's my take too.  For whatever reason, he clearly decided some time ago that he was moving on and it looks like the club knew. He's never struck me as someone who prioritises money so I doubt that was his main motive. He signed a contract and saw it out while giving everything for the club. Good luck to him. 

I'm not arsed if it is about money. That's Liverpool's problem, not mane's. He's allowed to go an earn whatever anyone will pay him. The reverse of that is if we decided to keep him and let him leave next year, that would have been tough shit on him. 

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

I think winning afcon had a huge impact. The adulation boosted his ego.

He's a legend but that's for his retirement. Now we might be playing against him and it's all about LFC.

I'm deffo in the camp that I'm not arsed if he never scores a goal again. The more players the flop when they leave may give some food for thought before they move on. 

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Barnes deffo.

Yeah I agree with that. Not so long ago I thought it was really close. But I was thinking today about him and there's a word people say about him all the time, warrior. And I would agree with that and it's maybe what I like most about him. I love his fight and desire. But while he's clearly a wonderful player and scored some great goals, I don't think he took my breath away with what he could do too often - there's obviously a few stand out moments, but l don't think that's what I enjoyed about his performances most. It was his hunger. Barnes took my breath away all the time and certainly while Kenny was manager, he had the desire too. He obviously changed as a footballer after his injuries, but those early days were quite something else. 

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Coutinho was one of our best players. I know you'll come back with "he'd have never have bought him", but he played him every week and we'd just awarded him a massive contract. He's just lost mane who was one of our best players just last season and was the start of his refneration here. And as I say, if it wasn't for covid, we'd have probably lost some in-between and we're losing Salah next year. We won't agree on this and we're just going round in circles. 

You've got an uncanny ability too spin things to suit your position, I'll give you that.

I don't need to come up with anything about Coutinho, as he WAS never a Klopp player, we'd won fuck all with him in the side, and actually, we rejected his summer transfer request.

As for Mane, are you suggesting that Bayern couldn't bid for him earlier because of Covid?

He got dropped for Diaz, moved central after Jota's drop in form, and played better there than he had the previous 18 months out wide.

We already bought his replacement in January, and broke our transfer record to bring in a new #9 last week.where did you think he was going to play next season exactly?

Mane leaves when he's not even a starter anymore, with a year left on his contract.

If he wasn't a starter 2 years ago, someone would have bid 30 mil for him then. They wouldn't have paid him 300k a week though.

4 minutes ago, m0e said:

You've got an uncanny ability too spin things to suit your position, I'll give you that.

I don't need to come up with anything about Coutinho, as he WAS never a Klopp player, we'd won fuck all with him in the side, and actually, we rejected his summer transfer request.

As for Mane, are you suggesting that Bayern couldn't bid for him earlier because of Covid?

He got dropped for Diaz, moved central after Jota's drop in form, and played better there than he had the previous 18 months out wide.

We already bought his replacement in January, and broke our transfer record to bring in a new #9 last week.where did you think he was going to play next season exactly?

Mane leaves when he's not even a starter anymore, with a year left on his contract.

If he wasn't a starter 2 years ago, someone would have bid 30 mil for him then. They wouldn't have paid him 300k a week though.

Mane leaves when he's not even a starter any more? Behave Moe. Nunez is coming in because mane is leaving. And as for Munich bidding for Mane earlier... Well they've told us all that today. The idea had never crossed their mind till they were talking to his agent about another player and he dropped it in the conversation he wasn't signing a new contract with us. Munich have come after him because they were being opportunistic and could get him at a knock down price. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Mane leaves when he's not even a starter any more? Behave Moe. Nunez is coming in because mane is leaving. And as for Munich bidding for Mane earlier... Well they've told us all that today. The idea had never crossed their mind till they were talking to his agent about another player and he dropped it in the conversation he wasn't signing a new contract with us. Munich have come after him because they were being opportunistic and could get him at a knock down price. 

That's proof that Covid stopped Mane being sold is it?

I won't be hiring you as my defence lawyer, that for sure.

And 65 million pound Nunez was only bought because 27 million pound Mane was sold?

Riiiiggghhhttttt

You must think Klopp is one thick cunt.

19 minutes ago, m0e said:

That's proof that Covid stopped Mane being sold is it?

I won't be hiring you as my defence lawyer, that for sure.

And 65 million pound Nunez was only bought because 27 million pound Mane was sold?

Riiiiggghhhttttt

You must think Klopp is one thick cunt.

Moe, you're just sounding daft now. I must be thick because I genuinely don't even know what point you're making. As I said previously, we're going round in circles, you've gone round in so many it's like you're talking a different language now. 

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Moe, you're just sounding daft now. I must be thick because I genuinely don't even know what point you're making. As I said previously, we're going round in circles, you've gone round in so many it's like you're talking a different language now. 

I'll summarise again.

We have never sold a Klopp player just to make a profit. We have never sold a Klopp player without his approval. And we have never weakened the first team by selling anyone since the Coutinho transfer, which actually ended up strengthening us.

Your idea that Covid stopped this from happening is baseless, because apart from Real Madrid, who bid 200 mil plus for Mbappe, every top club spent 100s of millions in that time.

I showed you why your position was wrong with quotes and facts, and your response was to counter those facts with heresy and assumption, so that you could double down on this idea that Covid stopped our team being weakened.

You avoid every point I make to focus on some ludicrous idea that has no factual evidence behind it.

You then brought up the Mane sale as 'further proof', and then claim I'm sounding daft?

This is classic gaslighting.

I've not gone round anything, because my position has been consistent throughout. You're the one who's tied yourself up in knots, most likely because of this weird fetish you have for FSG's way of working.

At the end of the day, we're 100% in a better position now that we have been at any time since Coutinho left. And I could have made that comment after every transfer window since.

That's what top managers do, and they don't stick around if they're not able to.

To refuse to acknowledge that, using Covid and FSG's supposed model as your reasoning, is utterly bizarre.

14 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Its implied that it would be with Klopp's blessings. To suggest otherwise would be stupid. 

So if FSG and Klopp wanted to sell a player, AND we got an acceptable bid in, AND the player agreed to leave,  then we would have sold said player?

That's genius, my son.

I don't know how you do it.

8 hours ago, m0e said:

I'll summarise again.

We have never sold a Klopp player just to make a profit. We have never sold a Klopp player without his approval. And we have never weakened the first team by selling anyone since the Coutinho transfer, which actually ended up strengthening us.

Your idea that Covid stopped this from happening is baseless, because apart from Real Madrid, who bid 200 mil plus for Mbappe, every top club spent 100s of millions in that time.

I showed you why your position was wrong with quotes and facts, and your response was to counter those facts with heresy and assumption, so that you could double down on this idea that Covid stopped our team being weakened.

You avoid every point I make to focus on some ludicrous idea that has no factual evidence behind it.

You then brought up the Mane sale as 'further proof', and then claim I'm sounding daft?

This is classic gaslighting.

I've not gone round anything, because my position has been consistent throughout. You're the one who's tied yourself up in knots, most likely because of this weird fetish you have for FSG's way of working.

At the end of the day, we're 100% in a better position now that we have been at any time since Coutinho left. And I could have made that comment after every transfer window since.

That's what top managers do, and they don't stick around if they're not able to.

To refuse to acknowledge that, using Covid and FSG's supposed model as your reasoning, is utterly bizarre.

So this is why the conversation is complete fucking nonsense and we're talking about 2 different things . I've never said either of those things in bold. In fact it's not the point (which I've said several times) I'm making and I haven't read from there, because it's pointless, you're just screaming like a spoilt 5 year old kid because you're assuming I'm saying our Boston overlords wanted to stab klopp in the back. I am absolutely not saying the club would be selling above klopp's head. I am also not saying the aim is to make a profit. 

To be clear. I'm saying we have a professional recruitment team who absolutely perform continuity planning - you seem to think this is nonsense and we're just a bunch of reactionary idiots. I'm saying footballers at a certain level always have a likliehood of getting their heads turned, if we ignored this, it would be a failure of squad management. I don't believe we ignored this. I'm saying klopp would not keep a player who wants to move, this is not the same as FSG selling a player he wants to keep. I am saying (which is where you started getting your knickers in a twist and going down blind alleys) that I think the possibility of one of our players having their heads turned disappeared because of covid, as the types of clubs who could 1) afford them and 2) turn their heads, were drastically reduced because of covid. That has led us where we were today of having our 3 main strikers who signed contacts within months of each other, all around 30 and all within 12 months of a bosman. I think we will have calculated possibilities of all 3 of those forwards getting from that new signing till the end and the outcome we have now was probably one of the least likely. We will have absolutely planned for one of them saying "I'm off to Spain". And yes, we would have made a profit, because we'd have been failing if we didn't. Edit... And this is still not the point I'm making. The point I am making is the club will have expected one of those players to agitate for a move before now and planned for the outcome. 

Now for the love of God, can we let this go? 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, m0e said:

So if FSG and Klopp wanted to sell a player, AND we got an acceptable bid in, AND the player agreed to leave,  then we would have sold said player?

That's genius, my son.

I don't know how you do it.

Blimey! You don't half look for an argument! And well done for twisting the last message when you know well what I was referring to. 

Anyway how about we conclude this by me admitting that YOU WON. Well done.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

So this is why the conversation is complete fucking nonsense and we're talking about 2 different things . I've never said either of those things in bold. In fact it's not the point (which I've said several times) I'm making and I haven't read from there, because it's pointless, you're just screaming like a spoilt 5 year old kid because you're assuming I'm saying our Boston overlords wanted to stab klopp in the back. I am absolutely not saying the club would be selling above klopp's head. I am also not saying the aim is to make a profit. 

To be clear. I'm saying we have a professional recruitment team who absolutely perform continuity planning - you seem to think this is nonsense and we're just a bunch of reactionary idiots. I'm saying footballers at a certain level always have a likliehood of getting their heads turned, if we ignored this, it would be a failure of squad management. I don't believe we ignored this. I'm saying klopp would not keep a player who wants to move, this is not the same as FSG selling a player he wants to keep. I am saying (which is where you started getting your knickers in a twist and going down blind alleys) that I think the possibility of one of our players having their heads turned disappeared because of covid, as the types of clubs who could 1) afford them and 2) turn their heads, were drastically reduced because of covid. That has led us where we were today of having our 3 main strikers who signed contacts within months of each other, all around 30 and all within 12 months of a bosman. I think we will have calculated possibilities of all 3 of those forwards getting from that new signing till the end and the outcome we have now was probably one of the least likely. We will have absolutely planned for one of them saying "I'm off to Spain". And yes, we would have made a profit, because we'd have been failing if we didn't. Edit... And this is still not the point I'm making. The point I am making is the club will have expected one of those players to agitate for a move before now and planned for the outcome. 

Now for the love of God, can we let this go? 

You asked me what my point was.

The bit in bold is my position, and my reasons for countering the idea that we expected sales during Covid.

My position is Klopp wanted to keep this team together, and I showed you 3 pieces of evidence to back this.

You came back with Coutinho.

Not everything is about you, Barry, so relax and stop taking it personally.

On 22/06/2022 at 21:35, Arniepie said:

Kenny went cos his brain was frazzled 

Beardsley played for 2 years ager we sold him and Barnes was still there under Evans.

Beardsley played for 7 more seasons after we sold him,at least 6 of them in the PL. It was a disasterous sale by a disasterous manager. Fair play by Souness and Sky for making people forget about his painful reign as our Manager,but I will never forget it in a hurry.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hahaha, fuck off you absolutely no mark, wind up, cunt. 

Jurgen Klopp named as 'main' reason for why Sadio Mane left Liverpool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-sadio-mane-liverpool-24317138#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

Klopp is also named as the 'main' reason why Mane joined Liverpool.

This Sinclair prick is a bit of a cunt isn't he...Seen a few articles now with him gobbing off about us.

Can't believe (well actually i can) he is so thick as to not get what klopp meant about AFCON.

Anyone without an agenda or who isn't as thick as fuck got it it.