You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

9 hours ago, m0e said:

But to make your transfer strategy about top players asking to leave before they've peaked is a strategy for losers like Southampton and Salzburg.

I think that's harsh, for clubs Salzburg and before them teams like Villareal and Sevilla it's a perfectly valid strategy and allows them to survive and improve.

16 hours ago, m0e said:

The entire basis of your theory is that FSG would have done whatever they wanted irrespective of the wishes of Klopp and the player involved, and for those reasons, I'm not buying it.

Not sure where you got that theory from 'cos I never said FSG would sell someone without Klopp's blessings.

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I'm not entirely sure most people who commented on money ball and Liverpool's supposed use of it understood what money ball was.

I believe 'moneyball' focused more on stats in its original form to garner the best value for money players in Rounders? I still think there are still elements of this in their football dealings but with some different parameters thrown in.

13 hours ago, m0e said:

But to make your transfer strategy about top players asking to leave before they've peaked is a strategy for losers like Southampton and Salzburg.

It is the strategy of about 90% of all clubs in world football. Has nothing to do with being a "winner" - it is reality.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I believe 'moneyball' focused more on stats in its original form to garner the best value for money players in Rounders? I still think there are still elements of this in their football dealings but with some different parameters thrown in.

Yeah, the interpretation in football (not by clubs) has been boiled down to 'buy low sell high' and spreadsheets instead of scouting.

Love Sadio me.  I have no beef with him, not even the "good news" comments.  We have no idea what goes on behind closed doors really, I'd like to think he leaves with everyone's blessing perhaps knowing that him moving on meant we could make the Nunez signing.  So in that respect it would be good news all round, much as I'd rather he was staying.

I think he's going to be a huge hit for Bayern and score bags namely because it's a one team league and they win 5-0 every game but no doubt we'll receive plenty of criticism for letting him leave. In this logic and in contrast I think Lewandowski will struggle to replicate to his number of goals if he end up in Barcelona. 

21 minutes ago, Ashberry said:

I think he's going to be a huge hit for Bayern and score bags namely because it's a one team league and they win 5-0 every game but no doubt we'll receive plenty of criticism for letting him leave. In this logic and in contrast I think Lewandowski will struggle to replicate to his number of goals if he end up in Barcelona. 

I'm going for less than 15

Yeah it's sad he's gone but he can get to fuck with this load of shite:

"It's one of the biggest clubs in the world and the team is always fighting for every title. So for me it was a very good idea and the right decision to come here."

Bigger than Liverpool?  Get to fuck mate. 

• Downvote 1