You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

45 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont think Ward is quite the level of Edwards when it comes to negotiating.  Not many are.

We seem very casual with contracts running down. 

That's incredibly presumptuous. Ward's only just started, and Edwards has been involved right up to the Diaz deal. Any contracts that have been or are running down have been on Edwards' watch. We don't know the detail of the Bayern negotiations, but whereas Edwards had plenty of time to push Barca over Coutinho, Sadio didn't leave Ward with much opportunity to haggle once Klopp decided not to challenge the decision. We wanted 50m euros and we ended up with not a bad amount in the circumstances. One hopes Ward will be given as much space, trust and time to settle as Edwards had.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Behave you fucking loon I'm not scape goating anybody you're always looking for somewhere to swish your Cape.

Not much looking needed really, when they present themselves so readily.

Everything that needs to be said about your post has already been said by others far more intelligent than me.

I'm off to give my Cape a wash.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Spurs have just paid £25m plus add ons for Yves Bissouma. Admittedly he's 5 years younger than Sadio but he was also in the last year of his contract.

Just saying.

Just saying what? A fella who plays a different position, scores absolutely no golas and has a criminal charge pending against him is somehow comparable to Sadio Mane?

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Just saying what? A fella who plays a different position, scores absolutely no golas and has a criminal charge pending against him is somehow comparable to Sadio Mane?

Why do you always get off being confrontational? Where did I say Bissouma is a better person that Sadio? Answer, nowhere, you just lept in.

But, the fact he plays a different position is one of my points. Bissouma's a midfield player so doesnt score as many goals, ergo, he isnt as valuable or as experienced as Sadio yet we only got £2.5m more for him as an additional sum.

Honestly, I cant stand the aggression on here by certain posters. Just fuck it all off and I'll enjoy watching the boys in the ground.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Why do you always get off being confrontational? Where did I say Bissouma is a better person that Sadio? Answer, nowhere, you just lept in.

But, the fact he plays a different position is one of my points. Bissouma's a midfield player so doesnt score as many goals, ergo, he isnt as valuable or as experienced as Sadio yet we got £2.5m more for him as an additional sum.

Where did I say you said he was a better person? HUH??

The second paragraph is the point - they are not comparable in any way so it seems strange to bring him up at all.

24 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Spurs have just paid £25m plus add ons for Yves Bissouma. Admittedly he's 5 years younger than Sadio but he was also in the last year of his contract.

Just saying.

Have to admit, I’m unsure what your actually saying. 

It's a shite deal whatever way you look at it, but Sadio's best days are done out wide, and have been for 18 months.

We have decided to go for a #9 and got the best available.

Mane has decided Bayern is where he wants to go, meaning we can't create a bidding war.

We're got Diaz and Nunez on his combined salary, and have them for the next 5 years at least. I'm pretty sure Bayern will pay the 27 mil up front, which helped us get the Nunez deal over the line.

I'm also certain Bayern and their fans are not ecstatic that they're brining in Mane to replace Lewadowski.

But there are very few #9s that can cut it at the highest level, and we've just signed one of them.

I’m ok with this situation. As much as I like Mane, there were times last season when I thought teams looked like they had figured us out. 

Diaz did well to change the dynamic- and with him and Nunez in we will have a different threat up front. Nobody knows quite what it will look like, including us. 

• Upvote 1

It doesn't have to be either a mistake or a prediction that he's dropping off. 

It might be difficult to comprehend for some that he could at the same time do really well at Bayern and that it was also fine to let him leave, but it's true. I'm sure people will be fannies about it, but whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I don't think anyone has an issue with letting him go. It's that we've had our pants pulled down and we go into next season weaker than we were last season for the priveledge 

Well, there's two choices with players if you don't want your quote "pants pulled down"; either you extend them or you sell them with some years left on their deals. We may have done the latter had the pandemic not happened. 

16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I don't think anyone has an issue with letting him go. It's that we've had our pants pulled down and we go into next season weaker than we were last season for the priveledge 

Bring me sunshine… always with the fucking griping. He wanted to go, a year on the deal remaining, we did ok, not great but ok.  Now go and get Gini back. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well, there's two choices with players if you don't want your quote "pants pulled down"; either you extend them or you sell them with some years left on their deals. We may have done the latter had the pandemic not happened. 

We are getting outspent year after year by every other member of the top six, not just City. 

Our strategy isn't working 

• Downvote 2