You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Looks to be just a matter of time before Bayern come in with an acceptable offer for him. I would wish him all the best (apart from if/when he plays against us obviously) as he has been brilliant for us and is certainly one of the catalysts for the team and club we've become over the past 6 years. Considering I had my doubts when we were first linked with signing him from Southampton, where I thought he was yet another highly talented but inconsistent player who would not help us to kick on, he has turned out to be an exceptional footballer and an exceptional person given what he has done for the people of his country. A far cry from the fellow countryman we signed 20 years ago.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Looks to be just a matter of time before Bayern come in with an acceptable offer for him. I would wish him all the best (apart from if/when he plays against us obviously) as he has been brilliant for us and is certainly one of the catalysts for the team and club we've become over the past 6 years. Considering I had my doubts when we were first linked with signing him from Southampton, where I thought he was yet another highly talented but inconsistent player who would not help us to kick on, he has turned out to be an exceptional footballer and an exceptional person given what he has done for the people of his country. A far cry from the fellow countryman we signed 20 years ago.

The Sherrif was a cult hero!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Will be the first top player who's left us for a long time that I don't want to turn to shit. 

Is it wrong not to give a fuck? I don't wish bad on him or anything I just don't give 2 fucks. In fact I want absolutely everyone who doesn't play for Liverpool to be shit. With some being shitter than others. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, dave u said:

It will upset me when he eventually goes. 

Not to the extent that Suarez leaving did. I won't be grieving for four years and thinking about him every time an Adele song comes on the radio, but it will upset me.

Ha, this morning Go Now by The Moody Blues came on the radio, and the first thing I thought of was Mané.

14 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

I've just asked him, he said "wait until Saturday, I'll give you the best answer you want to hear, for sure. It’s special."

I think you're special 

I think people are deliberately forgetting that Mane does get an entitled cob on occasionally. He blatantly ignored Klopp's outstretched hand after the 5 nil win at Old Trafford for example. And he also on occasion had to be subbed off to save him from getting sent off. He can be quite petulant and I'm sure he resents being portrayed as a player in Salah's shadow.

He is a diva just like Salah. Salah is the Ronaldo kind of diva, courting the limelight, willing to talk big in public and full of self confidence bordering on arrogance. Mane is the Messi kind of diva who gets away with it because of a media friendly personality wrapped in huge doses of perceived humility.

I would still have wanted us to keep both divas for the next 3 to 4 years. Nothing wrong with a being a diva if you're as talented and effective as they've been for us.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Maybe some but unlikely will that be the consensus.

Suarez has a very bizarre stranglehold on the minds of lots of our fans, mate. 

I hope the majority will see reason, as you say, because Mané has in general been a fantastic guy.