You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Walked into this thread thinking there was an update on the situation. 

Feels like someone's just told me the restaurant I've just finished eating at is known for rubbing their gangley meatstick over the food. No longer entertaining the idea of Andy Carroll Nunez. 

18 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Oh the irony. All these years of Sadio being almost as invisible as Matip when it comes to the many forced sponsored videos, and then, after basically vacating the building, he pops up in what must surely be the dullest, most painful, pointless and random video of them all: Iddy's Barbershop.

This is like the recording that some rock band consigned to the vaults only to release it years later when their bass player left just to show him at his worst. It was probably gathering dust on the shelf when someone said, 'Sadio's going? Well let's finally put out that godawful haircut video then!' (Watch out, Ox - that one you filmed in the local branch of Heron Foods, discussing the imported frozen meals market with that little bloke called Alan - that's just waiting for your exit, so cheer the feck up!)

They've set a high bar with their content to be fair and I always look forward to anything they release, but yeah this was crap.

I'd never allow for clauses like winning the Ballon D'Or or the CL when selling a player, because it's more beneficial if the player achieves those goals with us. It basically means they've been brilliant and we've been brilliant.

A thread like this shows why 24 hour news (be it sport or current affairs) is a really really bad thing. 

Mane wants to leave which he’s fully entitled to do, and he should leave with our love and appreciation. But 1,000s of sports comment sites and twitter accounts have to report something.  They have to try and get multiple talking points from a tiny comment from a player or even just a rumour. And that results in fans hating a fella that doesn’t deserve it. 

It’s time for one of Mane or Salah to leave. They are ageing and we need to freshen up that forward line. This is a good thing. Mane has been amazing for us and key in us finally getting that long awaited league title. He deserves to leave with our love. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

A thread like this shows why 24 hour news (be it sport or current affairs) is a really really bad thing. 

Mane wants to leave which he’s fully entitled to do, and he should leave with our love and appreciation. But 1,000s of sports comment sites and twitter accounts have to report something.  They have to try and get multiple talking points from a tiny comment from a player or even just a rumour. And that results in fans hating a fella that doesn’t deserve it. 

It’s time for one of Mane or Salah to leave. They are ageing and we need to freshen up that forward line. This is a good thing. Mane has been amazing for us and key in us finally getting that long awaited league title. He deserves to leave with our love. 

So what you're saying in a round about way is just get the cunt out of our club? 

• Upvote 1

I have framed pictures of Trent, Sadio and Mo on my wall, fucked if I'm changing them. Please just leave with a bit of class, I have no doubts he will, he's a too bloke and a great player.