You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

1 minute ago, suzy said:

I’m sure we will I’m just sick of the “will they won’t they” already! Hope it’s not going to drag on and on.

Me too.  But I trust Jurgen and his team to keep us competitive so I'm relaxed about him starting his rebuild now, I don't want the efforts of the rest of the squad to be over-shadowed by a media soap opera over any individual players. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, suzy said:

I’m already sick of the Mane and Salah situations. 

Yeah far too much hand wringing over it.

If they go, they go...I trust Klopp and his team to replace them and maybe even make us better.

They have both been great servants of the club, but both are only going downhill from where they are now.....We could do without (and i don't think we will) losing both at same time, but one now and one at end of next season, i am sure we will be more than able to cope with.

I don't think for a moment that when Klopp extended his stay recently he didn't seek guarantees about being given what he needs to evolve the side and get in what he believes we need to stay at the top.

Every great player eventually has to be replaced - we will have had Salah and Mane's best years - and we'll be just sound without them under this incredible manager and his staff.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aws said:

Me too.  But I trust Jurgen and his team to keep us competitive so I'm relaxed about him starting his rebuild now, I don't want the efforts of the rest of the squad to be over-shadowed by a media soap opera over any individual players. 

I do too, but I'm also aware that Dortmund fans felt the same and it never quite panned out that way. If the PL oil clubs get our best players, we're fucked.

• Downvote 1

But he has now discussed his future at a press conference while on international duty with Senegal, where it was put to him that '60 to 70 per cent' of residents in his home country want him to leave Liverpool.

"I will do what they want. We will see soon," Mane revealed.

What the fuck have the people of Senegal got against us now?

7 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

But he has now discussed his future at a press conference while on international duty with Senegal, where it was put to him that '60 to 70 per cent' of residents in his home country want him to leave Liverpool.

"I will do what they want. We will see soon," Mane revealed.

That's just a deflector, it wasn't me who decided to leave - I left because the people told me to.

I find the whole situation bizarre. He’s been worryingly bad for ages, missing sitters, falling over etc and when he wants a new contract suddenly starts improving? And now it’s being portrayed in the media like we’re desperate to keep him and it’ll be a big blow if he goes? 
One thing that he can’t be blamed for is how the opposition get away with fouling him. I’d replace him with someone the refs often give free kicks too. (Maybe an English player as refs favour them.)

2 minutes ago, Shitty Arse said:

60-70% of Senegalese want him to leave Liverpool?

He’s spent the best part of his career here. Became a global superstar, won every trophy under the sun. What the fuck is their problem? 

It has to be BS, how would he possibly know that? Did he run a survey?

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

I find the whole situation bizarre. He’s been worryingly bad for ages, missing sitters, falling over etc and when he wants a new contract suddenly starts improving? And now it’s being portrayed in the media like we’re desperate to keep him and it’ll be a big blow if he goes? 
One thing that he can’t be blamed for is how the opposition get away with fouling him. I’d replace him with someone the refs often give free kicks too. (Maybe an English player as refs favour them.)

I think you are trying to justify a reason for him leaving which doesnt actually exist. Sadio has been far better than Salah for months but I believe the AFCON has gone to his head as he feels the club and fans favour Salah over him. I think this is Senegal fans 'reasoning.' We won the AFCON so we and our players are world beaters.'

Sell the pair of them this summer and bring in players who want to be here and let Klopp work his magic. 

Playes come and go, which is why i don't put any emotional attachment towards them. Thanks for the memories Sadio but its time to go  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Their manager was kicking off about Klopp calling AFCON 'little' when the tournament was on. I'd guess that's part of it even if it is fucking ridiculous.

It would be a shame if he decided to start acting like a cunt on the way out. Can understand if he wants a new challenge or even more money but there's no need to start coming out with anything disrespectful.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think you are trying to justify a reason for him leaving which doesnt actually exist. Sadio has been far better than Salah for months but I believe the AFCON has gone to his head as he feels the club and fans favour Salah over him. I think this is Senegal fans 'reasoning.' We won the AFCON so we and our players are world beaters.'

Not really. He’s been shite for ages but people can’t remember past a few weeks. Surely old match reports reference his lack of form, sulking, spooning sitters.

That said he’s sustained it at the top level for a long long time so he can’t be that bad. But I think it’s the right time to refresh for both parties. 

He's not wrong. There's loads of Senegalese who have bought into the Mané vs Salah "rivalry" and believe he's always been underrapreciated. 

He shouldn't be saying this, though. The communication from him has been bad in the last few weeks. It's like he's stumbling to find reasons to tell us why he wants to leave, when he should just be saying that he's spent a long time here and wants to try something else. 

60 - 70% of Senegalese want him to leave? it must be the ones who never got all the free Liverpool kits we sent over last summer, if I remember didn't Standard Chartered also do something in the region Mane is from was its sports facilities and a school of some sort?  that was because of his links with Liverpool Football Club.

If you want to go Mane then off you go don't make shit up but you will never find another club like Liverpool.