You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

6 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

If he announces it, it'll presumably be because we've already agreed to it and it's done and dusted? Mane didn't say he is staying, Klopp today didn't say he is staying. If he's staying, why is nobody saying so when asked? Why would the club not just announce he's signed a contract extension? 

Clicks clicks and more clicks. 

15 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

If he announces it, it'll presumably be because we've already agreed to it and it's done and dusted? Mane didn't say he is staying, Klopp today didn't say he is staying. If he's staying, why is nobody saying so when asked? Why would the club not just announce he's signed a contract extension? 

1767181b-4b9d-4f7f-95fa-be4cae266511_tex

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He had a period of out of form but a one good game in six player for 2-3 years? I don't remember this being a thing. 

That's because it wasn't a thing

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

So Mané is off to Bayern for fifty quid and Mo's running his contract down over the next year. 

What's the plan then? As good as Jota and Diaz are they don't replace those twos goals. 

Whatever happens I trust Klopp. 
Klopp wouldn't have signed a new contract if he wasn't convinced of either 1) the band is staying together 2) players are incoming 

14 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

My guess would be that Mane has decided to stay, the club want him to stay and we're in the process of finalising the deal. The club wouldn't announce anything until it's actually signed. Not long to wait now I suppose. 

• Upvote 1

We’ve already signed his replacement.  The guy we wouldn’t have went for until the summer.  The guy who’s come in and been a breathe of fresh air outwide.  Offering everything mane has failed to for quite some time.

Mane doing better in the middle has thrown a spanner in the works.

I fucking love Sadio, he's been my favourite player since that goal against Arsenal, and I don't want him to go.  But I don't blame any player, especially at his age, wanting a new challenge as long as they don't mess LFC around in the process.