You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Bloke in front of me in the Lower Kenny wasn't the usual bloke.  He had the air of someone who had hardly ever - if ever - been to Anfield before. (He was in the Lower Kenny and he was enjoying himself.) I'm guessing he was Senegalese, because that's the flag he was waving throughout.

I didn't think Sadio had seen him, but after the final whistle, he came straight across and gave the bloke his shirt and hung around for a little chat with him.

Nice guy is our Sadio.

• Upvote 10

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Bloke in front of me in the Lower Kenny wasn't the usual bloke.  He had the air of someone who had hardly ever - if ever - been to Anfield before. (He was in the Lower Kenny and he was enjoying himself.) I'm guessing he was Senegalese, because that's the flag he was waving throughout.

I didn't think Sadio had seen him, but after the final whistle, he came straight across and gave the bloke his shirt and hung around for a little chat with him.

Nice guy is our Sadio.

Thought he looked really good today so your man will have been delighted.

• 1 month later...

I'm delighted for Sadio winning the African Nations Cup by scoring the winning penalty after missing one in normal time. He's become a bit of a whipping boy mainly because he's not Mo Salah. I hope he gets a boost from winning the competition. I am glad Senegal won because they try to play and win. Egypt are just Mo plus 10 cheating and diving glorified sunday league players.

• Upvote 1

Its funny and bizarre how the two players are often compared against each other and wasn't there some ridiculous 'feud' talk about 18 months ago.  Sadio is more of a 'selfless' player that all successful teams need.  Mo is more of a 'selfish' player that all successful teams need. Both have been integral to our success and I would not change either of them one iota. That attacking options are evolving but both need to be given new contracts obviously.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, suzy said:

Some balls on Sadio taking that pen after missing the earlier one.

Hope Mo doesn’t come back too upset.

Also goes to show that the 5th penalty taker spot is shit, as you quite rightly pointed out last week!

Nice one, Sadio.

Sadio Mane proved his class both on and off the pitch once again at the AFCON as Senegal were not only crowned champions, he also paid an entire hospital bill for a young boy with life-threatening injuries.

The 29-year-old, who seemed to briefly lose consciousness following a collision with Cape Verde goalkeeper Vozinha, recovered enough to score in the 2-0 win before being substituted soon after where he was taken to hospital.

As he was being treated for concussion in a Cameroon hospital, he paid the FCFA £400,000 for a family of a child with life-threatening injuries who couldn't afford the hospital bill. 

'I think I told you about the generous gesture that Sadio Mané made in Bafoussam in favour of a family,' declared a guest on the set of a Cameroonian channel, Equinoxetv, after the coronation of Senegal.

The latter was in distress because a motorcycle had hit their child who had broken bones and injuries all over his body; he was close to death and his parents could not afford to pay for treatment.

Sadio, who was in this hospital (because he was being treated there after his shock against Cape Verde) finds this grieving family and asks them what is going on. 

'We explain the situation to him and he gave them 400,000 FCFA which relieved this family. 

'I believe that this blessing was rewarded today by GOD.'

Mane is known for his talent on the pitch and his work in his hometown Bambali where he has previously paid to help a school being built back in 2019.

The Premier League star also previously donated £41,000 to the FCFA, a health body fighting coronavirus in Senegal. 

Therefore it appears he was not only the stand-out player on the pitch after being named the player of the tournament, but also away from it, with his generous actions. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10488931/Sadio-Mane-paid-ENTIRE-hospital-bill-young-boy-life-threatening-injuries.html

• Upvote 7

54 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Nice one, Sadio.

Sadio Mane proved his class both on and off the pitch once again at the AFCON as Senegal were not only crowned champions, he also paid an entire hospital bill for a young boy with life-threatening injuries.

The 29-year-old, who seemed to briefly lose consciousness following a collision with Cape Verde goalkeeper Vozinha, recovered enough to score in the 2-0 win before being substituted soon after where he was taken to hospital.

As he was being treated for concussion in a Cameroon hospital, he paid the FCFA £400,000 for a family of a child with life-threatening injuries who couldn't afford the hospital bill. 

'I think I told you about the generous gesture that Sadio Mané made in Bafoussam in favour of a family,' declared a guest on the set of a Cameroonian channel, Equinoxetv, after the coronation of Senegal.

The latter was in distress because a motorcycle had hit their child who had broken bones and injuries all over his body; he was close to death and his parents could not afford to pay for treatment.

Sadio, who was in this hospital (because he was being treated there after his shock against Cape Verde) finds this grieving family and asks them what is going on. 

'We explain the situation to him and he gave them 400,000 FCFA which relieved this family. 

'I believe that this blessing was rewarded today by GOD.'

Mane is known for his talent on the pitch and his work in his hometown Bambali where he has previously paid to help a school being built back in 2019.

The Premier League star also previously donated £41,000 to the FCFA, a health body fighting coronavirus in Senegal. 

Therefore it appears he was not only the stand-out player on the pitch after being named the player of the tournament, but also away from it, with his generous actions. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10488931/Sadio-Mane-paid-ENTIRE-hospital-bill-young-boy-life-threatening-injuries.html

Fowler was there too?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, No2 said:

Sadio equalled John Barnes's scoring record in 160 fewer games. Gets lost in Mo's ridiculous numbers but he's some player.

To be fair to Barnes he had 75 goals in 179 games until his bad achilles injury and moved back to midfield so the 160 fewer games is a bit of a misnomer. Even still, Sadio has had a better goalscoring record than Barnsey in his prime. Mané scored 81 in his first 170 games for us. 

We are being spoilt

• Upvote 2