You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season, catching covid, no fans, no pre season, injuries elsewhere on the pitch affecting the balance if the team etc. 

I'm worried now though, I think he's lost that edge, his feet seem to be a second or two behind his brain. 

His energy is back. The rest will follow

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season, catching covid, no fans, no pre season, injuries elsewhere on the pitch affecting the balance if the team etc. 

I'm worried now though, I think he's lost that edge, his feet seem to be a second or two behind his brain. 

Yeah, I think it's a legitimate worry. But I guess the trade off is he's started 4 games and scored 2. Which seems a pretty decent return which over a season I'm sure we'd settle for. 

For me I think what bothers me is at our best we had many games where we won based on being the best in both boxes. We struggled with that right across last season and one of the big reasons in their box was mane. Even at the weekend when he scored, he had about a million chances. You get away with it some weeks, but it'll bite us in the arse if it continues. 

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We set such high standards that any slight drop in form is met with a hysterical fanny reaction.

Yep. Firmino will be rusty on his return and he’ll replace Mané at the top of the bedwetters’ list. They’ll be gunning for Jota too after that miss yesterday. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Love him, but don't know what to think just now. 

Excellent finish, however he used to do that and everything else as well.

He seems to have lost his explosiveness and the ability to use his strength and turn away from the fullback.  Maybe we should try him through the middle as the striker, his finishing is still there.  Yes he misses a few but so does everyone else.

31 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Very surprised at that, mate.

Did really well for the goal, but the ball was bouncing him off in the first half to an alarming extent.

To be fair, I probably only see the good in anything he does. I definitely think he’s improving. He had a much better second half today. 

3 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Beautiful goal that will instil his old confidence. I think we’re going to see a more fluid synergy between Sadio and Mo this season. That goal was against the best defence in the Prem. Superb.

This gets said after every goal he scores.  It’s not a confidence issue in the slightest, never was.