You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

On 14/05/2021 at 10:15, Daisy said:

I fucking love Mane but he's been fucking wank all season and again last night when he came on. If he wants to act like that with the boss then he best start playing properly again. 

I think what is really strange is his form early on looked very good, following on from a brilliant season last season. He had a terrible run of form a few years back after a massive miss in a 1 on 1 in the derby at anfield. I wonder if his form would have turned if the fans were there. I'm certainly not writing him off yet. All the basics are still there. He's still strong, quick and full of fight. The smile has gone from his face though and he doesn't look like he's enjoying being out there. Hopefully with fans in the ground, the sadio we all know will be back. 

On 14/05/2021 at 07:52, Carvalho Diablo said:

Watching SSN (on my IPTV service) atm and they've got a bunch of pricks on attempting to stir shit about Mane and drum up shit about Trent.

Sky are absolute vermin, complete and utter scum. We'll see how genuine their concern for the fans is when the new EPL TV broadcast deals are announced and they will no doubt slag themselves off 24/7 for pricing the fans out of the game.

I won't hold my breath. Fucking scum.

Stop is CD. You know sky are the saviours of football for allowing Neville and carragher the platform to save us from the evil ESL. It had nothing to do with their product would go to shit if it didn't matter who finished top 4 and they wouldn't have the ESL TV rights to compensate. No. They did it for football. 

59 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think what is really strange is his form early on looked very good, following on from a brilliant season last season. He had a terrible run of form a few years back after a massive miss in a 1 on 1 in the derby at anfield. I wonder if his form would have turned if the fans were there. I'm certainly not writing him off yet. All the basics are still there. He's still strong, quick and full of fight. The smile has gone from his face though and he doesn't look like he's enjoying being out there. Hopefully with fans in the ground, the sadio we all know will be back. 

Stop is CD. You know sky are the saviours of football for allowing Neville and carragher the platform to save us from the evil ESL. It had nothing to do with their product would go to shit if it didn't matter who finished top 4 and they wouldn't have the ESL TV rights to compensate. No. They did it for football. 

Well he's got a chance now. Really hope we see the old Mane

I love Mane, difficult time, but that tittylip thing with Klopp rang alarm bells for me. If he's like that with Klopp, then maybe he's also a prick with teammates who don't pass? 

Anyway, I've 180'd on him after that.  He's 30 next year, he's scoring half the goals as normal, and he's being a cunt, it's time.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I love Mane, difficult time, but that tittylip thing with Klopp rang alarm bells for me. If he's like that with Klopp, then maybe he's also a prick with teammates who don't pass? 

Anyway, I've 180'd on him after that.  He's 30 next year, he's scoring half the goals as normal, and he's being a cunt, it's time.  

It's all bullshit though, isn't it.  One time, he showed his frustration because Salah didn't pass. Then 2 or 3 years later he had a mini-strop at Klopp. Not really a pattern there, is there. Let the media try to build it up if they like, but Sadio's sound. He's had a poor season by his impeccable standards (which probably explains why he was frustrated at being dropped just when he'd started scoring again) but I reckon he just needs a Summer break and a fresh start next season. 

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's all bullshit though, isn't it.  One time, he showed his frustration because Salah didn't pass. Then 2 or 3 years later he had a mini-strop at Klopp. Not really a pattern there, is there. Let the media try to build it up if they like, but Sadio's sound. He's had a poor season by his impeccable standards (which probably explains why he was frustrated at being dropped just when he'd started scoring again) but I reckon he just needs a Summer break and a fresh start next season. 

Half the squad is running on fumes which is why I'd be pissed if Salah goes to the Olympics. 

Same as any title challenge will be badly effected by the ACON and the cub need to act and make sure cover is there

Form has been poor since Christmas and his strop on Thursday was out of order but he tried today. His gegenpress won the ball for the equaliser. 

He didn't hide. Hopefully he will get a goal on Wednesday but I'm not worried about his attitude anyway

I guess we're just at the crossroads for the front three on a couple of levels.  I mean, five seasons for us, age 29, I think we're right to weigh up what we have against what we want.  Right now, we'd get good money for them. Give it another year, and provided they remain world class, dunno, there's not a lot of 30 or 31 year olds being bought for big money.  

Are we in danger of burning them out earlier due to overusing them for a few seasons?

Dont think theres a danger of burning them out like say Owen was etc as they are not kids. 

I just think three years of intense mental and physical exertion is taking its toll. 

Especially with the covid issue season disruption and the lack of fans to give them the lift hasn't helped. 

A summer break is needed and the Euros and Copa America will fuck that up. International football is a fucking pain in the arse even more so with covid. You can pretty much guarantee that players will get it with all the travelling they will do, add in travel restrictions and quarantine. They should have been fucking cancelled and so should European football. But i guess FIFA and UEFA and just trying to save the game from greedy clubs 

And the fucking olympics and ACON  will come into play aswell next year.  

If the club has any sense it will sign a someone to replace Shaqiri and Origi so that we have some forwards for January next year.  100% guaranteed the 'Random' fixture generator will give us a cunt of a month of fixtures inc 2 of City,Chelsea and Utds during that period 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season, catching covid, no fans, no pre season, injuries elsewhere on the pitch affecting the balance if the team etc. 

I'm worried now though, I think he's lost that edge, his feet seem to be a second or two behind his brain. 

• Upvote 1