You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

8 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I would rather have seen Ox in the front three today than Mane, that's how bad it's got.

Bollocks. He's been below par but he gets fuck all from referees and never hides. Its amazing how people turn on players who have been instrumental to our success over the last 3 or 4 seasons. Form is temporary,class is permanent.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Greedy twat at the end taking the shot on instead of squaring it to Jota. If Salah had done that to him he would have had a hissy fit.

Exactly.

And in recent games, Salah has been setting up great chances for Mane which he has been wasting anyway.

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Bollocks. He's been below par but he gets fuck all from referees and never hides. Its amazing how people turn on players who have been instrumental to our success over the last 3 or 4 seasons. Form is temporary,class is permanent.

He's a player in his prime that has had a terrible season with no explanation. It will naturally lead people to criticize him. Not really a surprise. 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He's been shite for a while.

I don't know why that's 'turning on him'.

He was and probably will be amazing for us again.

Then again, we said that about Bobby 18 months ago and we're still waiting.

He came on for an average Bobby today, and made us worse.

I don't know many top players that can do that.

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think he deserves leeway based on what he's contributed to our success.

Same as the leeway you give Firmino?  Mane has been atrocious this year same as Firmino. Treat both the same. 

9 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Defo deserves another season to prove he can get back to the player he was.

He’s coming up to 29 will be in his final 2 years of contract.  We should have sold and replaced Firmino in the summer with one of Mana or Salah going this summer.  We can’t afford to lose both of these for free nor will we offer both big money to stay and the way Mane has played he should be the one to go this Summer.

A formation change is needed. Salah and Mane often look isolated in their positions while the rest of the team are trying to get the ball to them in the right places. Mostly Salah and Mane get the ball deep and that causes more harm than good when players go beyond them. Their age and experience is playing a part in this.

Greedy cunt, I’m done with his constant sulking tbh, how he’s not out Jota in there yesterday was shocking.

I honestly don’t know what’s gone on with him recently, he needs to focus on his game than the bitterness towards Mo because he fucking hates it when he scores, it’s clear to see.

He goes over at literally every opportunity in game until he’s in the box then he stays on his feet I wonder why....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

He looked like he was saving himself for Wednesday when he came on yesterday. If he tears Real a new one, I'll be delighted.

That's some serious optimised optimism right there.

On 11/04/2021 at 02:16, DJLJ said:

Same as the leeway you give Firmino?  Mane has been atrocious this year same as Firmino. Treat both the same. 

Firmino has been poor a lot longer than Mane and Mane also chipped in with goals,even when not playing well. Jota has already shown he is a possible alternative to Firmino,arguably Firmino is benefiting in a deeper role behind Jota too? Mane was a joint golden boot winner just last season and we want to jettison him already? Great idea with a midfield that doesnt score either.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we actually a bit unfair towards Mane? Are we expecting too much from him?

Maybe the 18/19 and 19/20 season, was him playing out and above his normal level. 

Looking at the numbers, it suggest that those two seasons were anamolies, and that he’s simply back to his normal level now, when it comes to goalscoring.

Sadio Mane Premier League stats: 

2014/15: 24+6 games - 10 goals

2015/16: 30+7 games - 11 goals

————————————————————

2016/17: 26+1 games - 13 goals

2017/18: 28+1 games - 10 goals

2018/19: 35+1 games - 22 goals

2019/20: 31+4 games - 18 goals

2020/21: 27+3 games - 8 goals *