You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

If we work off the principle most of the squad will get it at some stage and you can only get it once, then 6 out now is ideal. Others could get it during a period of the season that would result in missing 5 or 6 games.

I dont think we have 6 out now. I think we probably had Trent test positive in 'pre season.' Thiago has tested positive and announced along with Sadio.

And the thing is, we dont get to pick and choose which players miss what games.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont think we have 6 out now. I think we probably had Trent test positive in 'pre season.' Thiago has tested positive and announced along with Sadio.

And the thing is, we dont get to pick and choose which players miss what games.

I read that post as 6 positive tests now. We will find out tomorrow.

53 minutes ago, No2 said:

I read that post as 6 positive tests now. We will find out tomorrow.

Yes, Im saying we might have had 6 in total (although not sure I believe that) and we dont have 6 right now.

The club has announced both Thiago and Sadio as positive tests. I understand the club does it in agreement with the players but seeing as we havent missed any senior players since the season started, I think that's a reasonable indication we've only had 2 or 3 since pre season.

21 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I used to post the line ups on here before they were officially announced. They were usually right and the bloke that I got them from has said he's been told that we've had 6 positive tests in the playing squad. 

Although his source for the teams is no longer at the club, so not sure where he's got that info from. 

I hope that's not true although with two positive tests already it would seem very likely that there will be more, maybe the international break is coming at a good time for once.

22 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I used to post the line ups on here before they were officially announced. They were usually right and the bloke that I got them from has said he's been told that we've had 6 positive tests in the playing squad. 

Although his source for the teams is no longer at the club, so not sure where he's got that info from. 

There's some 15 year old kid called Hamza on Twitter who's been leaking accurate lineups and had the Thiago and Mane Covid news before it came out.

14 hours ago, an tha said:

I'm pissed off, angry, very very down and in a hole with this fucking pandemic.

I've let that and my frustration bubble over and i've projected/vented on here whilst full of ale - that has led me to come out with some stuff at best clumsily, at worst insensitively.

Apologies for any offence that may have been caused.

It'll be a sad, sad day if people ever stop posting on here when they're narked and arseholed.

23 hours ago, aws said:

The last thing I read on this said that the debate was between two-thirds and three-quarters of games. The clubs likely to be in a relegation battle naturally favour the latter. 

Every time there's a PL meeting, they say they're going to resolve this, I'm yet to hear it has been. The longer they leave it the more people's current position will come into it. Personally I think until this shit is over we should just do what we did last season and keep going till it's sorted. I don't see us ever stopping all matches again, I just think individual teams will occasionally have too many infections to play a game safely and the whole team will be locked down. We maybe just need to accept the season may not finish at the same moment for all teams, which is a relatively new thing anyway. 

56 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

If Joe had a positive, he'd have missed more than the chelsea game.

He played against Leeds on 12th September and didn’t play again until Arsenal on 28th September 16 days later. The isolation period if you catch the virus is a minimum 10 days so it’s entirely possible he may have had it.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

He played against Leeds on 12th September and didn’t play again until Arsenal on 28th September 16 days later. The isolation period if you catch the virus is a minimum 10 days so it’s entirely possible he may have had it.

Once they're under premier league testing, aren't they all made public? So we didn't confirm origi I don't think as that was preseason, but I thought otherwise they were all getting announced. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Once they're under premier league testing, aren't they all made public? So we didn't confirm origi I don't think as that was preseason, but I thought otherwise they were all getting announced. 

No, it's the choice of the player, they can have it be confidential if they want. Mane and Thiago both decided to be public about it to explain their upcoming absences for Senegal and Spain respectively. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, it's the choice of the player, they can have it be confidential if they want. Mane and Thiago both decided to be public about it to explain their upcoming absences for Senegal and Spain respectively. 

As 3 Stacks says it’s down to the individual player if they want to go public. I think the English lads may be more reticent to admit having it in case people start looking to criticise them for how they’ve managed to get infected.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

If people want to see positive covid tests for any absence now, that's up to each. I just think people are getting paranoid about absences.

• 2 weeks later...