You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Get well soon Sadio!  

It's perfectly right that he has to self isolate for reasons Bob and others have already outlined. There's simply no other way around it until a vaccine is found.  We'll just have to manage as best we can for now. People's lives are more important than a game of football. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dave D said:

If what we are waiting for is a tried and tested vaccine that has no proven negative side effects and can be produced in the billions each year then we will be waiting for a few years yet I would think

It'll be some time next year. Any longer and most economies will collapse.

I'm pissed off, angry, very very down and in a hole with this fucking pandemic.

I've let that and my frustration bubble over and i've projected/vented on here whilst full of ale - that has led me to come out with some stuff at best clumsily, at worst insensitively.

Apologies for any offence that may have been caused.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 17

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

I'm pissed off, angry, very very down and in a hole with this fucking pandemic.

I've let that and my frustration bubble over and i've projected/vented on here whilst full of ale - that has led me to come out with some stuff at best clumsily, at worst insensitively.

Apologies for any offence that may have been caused.

Fair play mate. It's fucking shit and getting everyone down. At least we are fucking ace though, imagine this pandemic and Hodgson being in charge of us.

• Upvote 2

I tend to agree with an tha's point here that if players regularly start missing games across all PL clubs, it's very likely to skew those results in games. Villa will be breathing a sigh of relief hearing that Sadio is now not available never mind Thiago as well.

Keep your fingers crossed van Dijk nor Alisson return positive tests. I dont know what the answer to the conundrum is.

The PL has agreed in the event of the season being cut short, points per game will decide the title. They havent formally decided at the minimum number of games that need to be played.

53 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I tend to agree with an tha's point here that if players regularly start missing games across all PL clubs, it's very likely to skew those results in games. Villa will be breathing a sigh of relief hearing that Sadio is now not available never mind Thiago as well.

Keep your fingers crossed van Dijk nor Alisson return positive tests. I dont know what the answer to the conundrum is.

The PL has agreed in the event of the season being cut short, points per game will decide the title. They havent formally decided at the minimum number of games that need to be played.

Has to be at least over half or two thirds of the season played surely.

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Has to be at least over half or two thirds of the season played surely.

I think one of the the suggested minimum criteria was all teams had played each other at least once. Given that a 'round' of PL fixtures can be spread over a week especially if they continue to televise all games, even that might prove problematic.

I cannot find anything on the PL site other than basic info so they're clearly undecided right now.

4 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Gobshite opinion.

I’m alright jack.

It’s not who it kills that is relevant, it’s how easily it is spread. And spread from one who is not likely to die, to one who may very well.

i don’t want someone infected to come into contact with me because, while I shouldn’t die, my daughters mum probably would. May grandparents who help with childcare in the week probably would. 

Ive changed my life to limit risk of me catching it and therefore spreading it, and so why shouldn’t that also apply to footballers, just because if their team loses you would be upset about it and be on the receiving end of bants on the internet.

fuck sporting integrity being your excuse to be a selfish prick.

Nothing wrong with that opinion at all, it makes all the sense in the world.

In Norway we have less people dying than during a normal year because of the restrictions, but we see companies of all kinds having to close down, kids and youth not being allowed to do sports etc and the countrys economy taking a big hit.

Is it worth it from a socioeconomics perspective? Obviously not, its not sustainable at all, people die, its how it is.

27 minutes ago, Code said:

In Norway we have less people dying than during a normal year because of the restrictions, but we see companies of all kinds having to close down, kids and youth not being allowed to do sports etc and the countrys economy taking a big hit.

Is it worth it from a socioeconomics perspective? Obviously not, its not sustainable at all, people die, its how it is.

Not sure your reply has anything at all to do with my response or An tha’s post.

theres a valid debate to be had about risk vs socioeconomic impact, but claiming sporting integrity is a valid reason to actively cause greater risk isn’t one of them, and fair play for his post this morning.

9 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Not sure your reply has anything at all to do with my response or An tha’s post.

theres a valid debate to be had about risk vs socioeconomic impact, but claiming sporting integrity is a valid reason to actively cause greater risk isn’t one of them, and fair play for his post this morning.

I did not really read his post properly, just bits and pieces.

14 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I used to post the line ups on here before they were officially announced. They were usually right and the bloke that I got them from has said he's been told that we've had 6 positive tests in the playing squad. 

Although his source for the teams is no longer at the club, so not sure where he's got that info from. 

If we work off the principle most of the squad will get it at some stage and you can only get it once, then 6 out now is ideal. Others could get it during a period of the season that would result in missing 5 or 6 games.

50 minutes ago, Code said:

Not sure that’s a winning slogan for your run at Norwegian PM, Code.

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

Half a season played and based on ppg, that really would deserve an asterisk. I'd struggle to accept it as a proper title if we won it like that. 

Are you bluemoon in disguise?!  No seriously I agree with you. 

One of my best mates (an old school sound Blue) said to me a few weeks back that the only thing that will stop us winning the title is if we have multiple first teamers missing for a few weeks from Covid and we start to drop silly points like against someone like Villa. I think that's a fair point, but I guess all of the clubs will go through the same problems as well.