You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

3 hours ago, Arnaud said:

His penalty kick vs Spurs was successful but terrible. 

Agree. Mo likes to wallop his pens which Im all for as I cant stand these cheeky twatty little dinks. But, a couple have gone very close to the keeper and I dread one stopping it.

Personally, Id rather have Milner take all our pens but of course, as he isnt a regular starter, he isnt always on the pitch when we get one.

59 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Agree. Mo likes to wallop his pens which Im all for as I cant stand these cheeky twatty little dinks. But, a couple have gone very close to the keeper and I dread one stopping it.

Personally, Id rather have Milner take all our pens but of course, as he isnt a regular starter, he isnt always on the pitch when we get one.

Milner has a slightly better conversion rate than Salah at penalties overall.

He’s taken 35 penalties and scored 30, he scores from 85,71% of his penalties.

Salah had 84,21%.

For us its 19 scored and 2 missed for Milner, 90,47%.

Salah has 11 scored and 1 missed, 91,66%.

In other words, Salah has been a better penalty taker for Liverpool than Milner, but both are very good at them.

DC7AFD0C-6342-4CB3-A6C9-886638B1A7AA.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Code said:

Salah had 84,21%.

In other words, Salah has been a better penalty taker for Liverpool than Milner, but both are very good at them.

Honestly had no idea Milner missed any for us.

24 minutes ago, Code said:

The penalty Salah missed for us should have been retaken as well, the keeper was probably 2 yards away from his line when Mo hit the ball.

So in reality Mo probably should have had a 100% record for us on penalties.

6FD11968-E4AA-423C-A1B3-BB0B82294C4F.jpeg

I think the rule is one foot needs to be on the line, which it clearly is.

Was this before the rule change?

And Alisson should take our pelanties - not missed one that fella.

1 hour ago, Code said:

The penalty Salah missed for us should have been retaken as well, the keeper was probably 2 yards away from his line when Mo hit the ball.

You only need to have one foot on the line (or hovering above it.  You could argue that it is there.

I’d still have Milner taking them if he’s on the pitch because I’d say after Gerrard he’s the best penalty taker we’ve ever had.  Mo has taken some pretty big pressure pens though and slotted so I think we are in safe hands either way.

2 hours ago, Code said:

Salah had 84,21%.

Once Mo has taken more pens than Milner and not missed as many, then you can say he has a better rate.

21 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Once Mo has taken more pens than Milner and not missed as many, then you can say he has a better rate.

Salah has actually scored from 13 penalties for us and only missed 1, transfermarket did not list the penalties in the Super Cup last season and the Community Shield this season.

It makes his stats even better, he has scored from 92,85% of his penalties for us. 

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

You only need to have one foot on the line (or hovering above it.  You could argue that it is there.

I’d still have Milner taking them if he’s on the pitch because I’d say after Gerrard he’s the best penalty taker we’ve ever had.  Mo has taken some pretty big pressure pens though and slotted so I think we are in safe hands either way.

Jan Molby and Gary Mac send their love.

5 hours ago, Code said:

Interesting that you chose to illustrate that point with a picture of the keeper with one foot clearly on the line.

What match was this?

• Upvote 1