You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

If Sadio manages to go into midfield at the end of his career and still be as effective as he is now then I'll have to review my opinion of him. For now Barnes ahead of him IMO. Barnes was just phenomenal. 

Sadio's an amazing player and not just for his goal contribution. He is excellent at shielding his full back too. Thinking about it further as I'm typing this,  it's probably not a fair comparison really given how the game has changed. 

Basically, I'd ride them both. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If Sadio manages to go into midfield at the end of his career and still be as effective as he is now then I'll have to review my opinion of him. For now Barnes ahead of him IMO. Barnes was just phenomenal. 

Sadio's an amazing player and not just for his goal contribution. He is excellent at shielding his full back too. Thinking about it further as I'm typing this,  it's probably not a fair comparison really given how the game has changed. 

Basically, I'd ride them both. 

Slut. 

• Upvote 1

Not even close in my book. I love Sadio,  and his athleticism and durability are great qualities. He's probably top 5 players in the league over the last 3-4 seasons, and has a claim to being best left winger in world football. Barnes was just something else though, a truly sublime footballer. With the pitches today no-one would have got near him. There's also zero chance the club would have him running around on asphalt in preseason in gym shoes, the 200 million pound baller that he would have been... Making his career with us even better if playing today.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, lebron said:

Not even close in my book. I love Sadio,  and his athleticism and durability are great qualities. He's probably top 5 players in the league over the last 3-4 seasons, and has a claim to being best left winger in world football. Barnes was just something else though, a truly sublime footballer. With the pitches today no-one would have got near him. There's also zero chance the club would have him running around on asphalt in preseason in gym shoes, the 200 million pound baller that he would have been... Making his career with us even better if playing today.

All fucking day.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Kenny Dalglish was our best player,Barnes and Mane are up there too.

He's talking about the best player in their respective sides,  which is the point I tried to make earlier.

@lebron & @corro I was more talking about their impact on the side and their impact in our success, as opposed to just in terms of ability.

If its ability, its Barnes all the way. No question. If its impact, I think Mane has a case. And I think he'll bypass Barnes over the next 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,but I thought you said 'Barnes is our best player' and I interpreted it as 'best ever.' If that's not what you meant then no problem,I misunderstood the context.

Well Mane is certainly not our 5th best player ever, he's the 4th-5th best player in the current team.

But yes you misunderstood the context, no worries.

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think Mane is above Alisson at this point.

Mane did not even have the guts to take a penalty in the Community Shield, kids like Jones an Brewster had to take the responsibility instead.

Alisson is among the three best keepers in the world, together with Neuer and Oblak. Mane is not at that level really.

Its no shame at all in being our 4th-5th best player though, it basically means you are fuckin awesome at what you do.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Mane did not even have the guts to take a penalty in the Community Shield, kids like Jones an Brewster had to take the responsibility instead.

Alisson is among the three best keepers in the world, together with Neuer and Oblak. Mane is not at that level really.

Its no shame at all in being our 4th-5th best player though, it basically means you are fuckin awesome at what you do.

I dont think it's right you say a player did 'not even have the guts' to take a pen. Penalties are confidence kicks and Sadio has missed a couple for Senegal. If a player isnt confident in taking a kick Id rather he fessed up rather than take one in bravado and miss.

Ive said earlier I thought when he first came here Sadio made some wrong decisions on field. Cant slag him off when he makes a right one about not taking a pen if he wasnt confident.

• Upvote 1