You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

It feels like it’s changed again this season.  They’ve both been making an effort with each other to play each other in and they are celebrating with each other.  I find it mad that they can clearly have a problem with each other (or more Sadio being pissed off with Mo) for quite a while and it just bypasses people.  Then they appear to be getting on and suddenly everyone’s eyes are opened that there was an issue..

The idea that it’s not a problem is fucking ridiculous to be honest. They don’t have to be best mates but it clearly helps when players get on with each other.  I don’t want players making bad decisions because they don’t want to pass to a teammate which is what was happening.  It can cost us at crucial moments and it’s not something you can just turn on for specific games.  The fluidity of play is something that gets better the more you do it and you trust what the teammate is going to do so you make the run.  The front 3 were good last season but they were far from their best which is outrageous really when you consider how well the team did.

What we’ve seen from them in the first two games is a return to their peak.  They’ve become a genuine nightmare to play against again.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Guest said:

It feels like it’s changed again this season.  They’ve both been making an effort with each other to play each other in and they are celebrating with each other.  I find it mad that they can clearly have a problem with each other (or more Sadio being pissed off with Mo) for quite a while and it just bypasses people.  Then they appear to be getting on and suddenly everyone’s eyes are opened that there was an issue..

The idea that it’s not a problem is fucking ridiculous to be honest. They don’t have to be best mates but it clearly helps when players get on with each other.  I don’t want players making bad decisions because they don’t want to pass to a teammate which is what was happening.  It can cost us at crucial moments and it’s not something you can just turn on for specific games.  The fluidity of play is something that gets better the more you do it and you trust what the teammate is going to do so you make the run.  The front 3 were good last season but they were far from their best which is outrageous really when you consider how well the team did.

What we’ve seen from them in the first two games is a return to their peak.  They’ve become a genuine nightmare to play against again.

If this is what you consider a problem then long may it continue.

On 20/09/2020 at 20:38, Anubis said:

If this is accurate, given how Ronaldo was lauded here, it shows how awesome Sadio is.

I'm not sure it's much of a stat because Ronaldo didn't do much did he for a long time and then had maybe 2 amazing seasons, so his stats are skewed downwards at Salford by his first couple of years. 

11 hours ago, The Guest said:

Why would you switch between the (incorrect) double-spaces and the (correct) single-space in one post? Jesus, man; won't you think of the consistency fairy? 

Just now, The Guest said:

I just do it to wind you up now.

And it does. Well played. Well played indeed. I can happily take somebody calling me a cunt all day, but different spacing in the same post; I just can't look at it. Fucking hell, are you going to start using the American 'illogical method' of quotations with punctation inside instead of the 'logical method' of putting them outside? THAT'LL FUCKING DO IT. 

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

And it does. Well played. Well played indeed. I can happily take somebody calling me a cunt all day, but different spacing in the same post; I just can't look at it. Fucking hell, are you going to start using the American 'illogical method' of quotations with punctation inside instead of the 'logical method' of putting them outside? THAT'LL FUCKING DO IT. 

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?

1 hour ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

You.   Wot M8  ?

Has there ever been a more under rated player than Sadio Mané?  He done 3 or 4 movements on Sunday where he was surrounded and next second he's strolling away beyond 2 defender's. He does it all the time but its never shown on replay. Because they get bunched together as a trio and the fab 4 before that I think that individually they miss out on the praise.

Maybe its starting because Jamie Carragher mentioned last night that he's beginning to enter the conversation for our best ever left winger. He's not there yet but another 2 years at this level and he takes the top spot from Barnes.

And fuck Mbappe, he can join when Sadio says so.

• Upvote 3

Nah I don't reckon there's a problem between them, partly because they both seem like top blokes and also because I don't think Klopp would stand for it. The body language thing is probably on the pitch rivalry, the world's best forwards are like that. When the other scores it'll be 40% "nice one we're winning' and 60% "that was my ball you cunt". And rightly so.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nah I don't reckon there's a problem between them, partly because they both seem like top blokes and also because I don't think Klopp would stand for it. The body language thing is probably on the pitch rivalry, the world's best forwards are like that. When the other scores it'll be 40% "nice one we're winning' and 60% "that was my ball you cunt". And rightly so.

I agree , most of it will be "alternative facts"

Mane is a fantastic player and  I loved his goals on Sunday  but I just love Mo, can’t help it just always have. I honestly didn’t notice all the stuff Stig was on about although I noticed he was on his phone throughout. I’m glad I didn’t notice at the time as it would have pissed me off.

As others have said though they’re professional and good strikers are always selfish.