You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You really need to try harder I'm afraid. How gutted were you on Thursday night? 

It was a joke.  You seem to be overly rattled by anything I post lately.  He came after me so I had a pop back which you obviously have an issue with.  I don’t know if you’ve noticed but Code is perfectly fine looking after himself.  

Sorry to break the fourth wall here but you are one of my favourite posters on the site.  I know I have some opinions on things that people massively disagree with and I’ll back my own opinion all day but I honestly take it all in jest (other than the political stuff) and I assumed most did the other way.

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It was a joke.  You seem to be overly rattled by anything I post lately.  He came after me so I had a pop back which you obviously have an issue with.  I don’t know if you’ve noticed but Code is perfectly fine looking after himself.  

Sorry to break the fourth wall here but you are one of my favourite posters on the site.  I know I have some opinions on things that people massively disagree with and I’ll back my own opinion all day but I honestly take it all in jest (other than the political stuff) and I assumed most did the other way.

I wasn't being serious either... You have been chatting rather a lot of garbage lately to be fair. I wasn't sticking up for Code, I saw an opportunity to take the piss and took it. 

Bobby is more important than either of them anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I wasn't being serious either... You have been chatting rather a lot of garbage lately to be fair. I wasn't sticking up for Code, I saw an opportunity to take the piss and took it. 

I was trying to make you feel bad you heartless bastard.

6 hours ago, The Guest said:

Mane came here and basically carried us to the champions league which then brought in the better players.  Without him coming here originally we may not have seen Salah or the players that followed so quickly.  That equals the achievement of the 32 goal season from Salah for me and was more important for the club.  

Salah benefits from Mane in a way that Mane doesn’t benefit from Salah.  Just use your eyes instead of a spreadsheet and you can see it every game.  Salah will probably always score more goals than Mane and in part it’s because he’s more greedy.  It doesn’t mean he’s a better player or is more important at all.  Mane tends to score and create more important goals than Salah because he’s better at playing against deeper defences than him.  They’ve also gone toe to toe in goals the past two seasons which funnily enough has coincided with Salah passing the ball more.

That line in bold is nonsense. 

Mane is consistently good. He is a constant threat to the opposition, he scores hugely important goals and he plays brilliantly well with those around him.

Salah is often more greedy, and often less consistent, but also scores hugely important goals (and generally more than Mane) but as pointed out previously, when he plays, everyone else gets more space than when he doesn’t.

the number of times they both play and Salah has 2 or 3 men on him is considerable. Mane rarely gets that attention unless Salah is missing, and so when Salah plays, just by being there Mane has better opportunities to use the ball.

it doesn’t have to be a competition of which is better or more important that the other unless we have to decide to sell one of them, which we don’t.

as it is, it’s fucking awesome that both are here and both perform to a bloody high standard most of the time.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2016 at 23:32, Soft Joe said:

Just heard on the radio we've paid £30 million to Southampton. My initial reaction was oh fuck off we've had our pants pulled down again. Carroll, Benteke, Downing, Lallana and now Mane. All massively overpriced. All bought from other premier league clubs. All varying degrees of shite. We never learn do we? I really hope I'm wrong. I'm not saying Mane is shite but I just think for that sort of money surely there is better value out there away from the premier league??

Just looking at some of the major transfers of Summer 2016.

Pogba to United - £89m

Stones to City - £47.5m

Mustafi to Arsenal - £35m

Xhakha to Arsenal - £33.8

Batshuayi to Chelsea - £33.2m

Slimani to Leicester - £29m

For £34m, I reckon we got our money's worth.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just looking at some of the major transfers of Summer 2016.

Pogba to United - £89m

Stones to City - £47.5m

Mustafi to Arsenal - £35m

Xhakha to Arsenal - £33.8

Batshuayi to Chelsea - £33.2m

Slimani to Leicester - £29m

For £34m, I reckon we got our money's worth.

That quote is fucking outrageous. Although it’s 4 years old in fairness and the preceding 4 years we had bought shite including a couple of expensive underwhelming signings from Southampton. So probably a bit more apprehensive back then. Once bitten and all that.
Klopp (and Edwards) has been almost flawless since then in his transfer dealings and pretty much everything else. He can do whatever he likes really. Who am I to question it? Well done though for making me feel silly on the internet!

7 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

That quote is fucking outrageous. Although it’s 4 years old in fairness and the preceding 4 years we had bought shite including a couple of expensive underwhelming signings from Southampton. So probably a bit more apprehensive back then. Once bitten and all that.
Klopp (and Edwards) has been almost flawless since then in his transfer dealings and pretty much everything else. He can do whatever he likes really. Who am I to question it? Well done though for making me feel silly on the internet!

Sorry for picking on you. You were by no means alone in that opinion, I just wanted to show, in hindsight, how other big signings worked out.

(If I'd really wanted to highlight the King of Wrongness, I would have quoted JP arguing the case for Benteke over Mané.)

It is funny reading the first couple of pages to see (1) how wary we all were, after so many shit signings; and (2) how far Mané has exceeded our expectations.

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Oh balls.

That's what is traditionally called "a RiS up".

That goal against stoke in the orange strip about 3 minutes in brings a smile to my face. 

I know this is about Sadio and how ace he is, but how many strikers in Bobby’s shoes there’s let the ball roll in and don’t smash it in on the line? Especially when you remember seeing details of his goal bonus.

love our lads up top.

I thought Mané was great business right from the off, mainly because Everton bought Bolasie for similar money which allowed Palace to take Benteke off Liverpool's hands. Looked at like that, Mané was a gamble with house money. Thankfully I have never done anything silly on the internet, which I can say with confidence having disabled any use of 'Balotelli' in the search function.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Now we're talking.

Bobby's the acest.

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Get a room fuckers.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:06, JermainePennant said:

This is the worst deal the club has done, Carroll had an outstanding attribute with his ability in the air and Benteke had a 1 in 2 goal record.Mane is a poor striker who can do a job out wide, he's a very poor mans Bellamy and is very inconsistent.

If we are willing to have someone out wide who is shit for large parts of the season we should have let Ibe have a run of games to develop.I was laughing when Manu were linked with him last season and I hoped they would sign him as he is not good enough for a top club, embarrassing deal and we should have stumped up for Teixera.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:09, Frankenhooker said:

There you go, definitive proof that Mane will be a cracking signing.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:16, JermainePennant said:

No because Mane is shit technically, if your trying so say Allen couldn't cope in Barcas team then you are the one who is very wrong.A bad ball to a player in that team is ok as they have the technique to control the ball, anyone who thinks Allen would struggle in that side is deluded.

We can no longer take the piss out of city for paying 49m for Sterling, there isn't much between them and Sterling is better in most areas.He is also still very young and has years to improve while Mane is close to his peak.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:22, JermainePennant said:

We don't need just pace on the wing, we need someone with technique who is creative.Markovic can add pace as can a few others we already have Markovics stats from his first season at LFC are not much different to Manes stats last season.Mane also got 8 goals in his last 8 prem games, that shows how inconsistent he is and how poor his record would have been last season if he hadn't had that good patch at the end, we gave him 3 goals away at Southampton.

Our style of play is going to go downhill fast if the plan is to have players like Mane out wide, all he does is press and make runs behind.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:35, ZonkoVille77 said:

I've changed my mind.

Mane is going to be fucking ace. Welcome onboard, Mane.

Forgot how utterly fucking clueless JP was. 

Glorious levels of fuckwittery 

• Upvote 4