You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

In his first year, Sadio often made the wrong decision and I said I didnt think he realised just how could a player he could become if he managed to knock this out of his game and be more consistent.

In no way am I claiming credit for it because obviously, the coaches and Jurgen have coached and spoken to him. I honestly think more often than not, Sadio is the match winner for us even if he doesnt actually score the winning goal. The lad is lightning quick and I love the way he jinks, drops a shoulder and leaves the oppo for dead. It pisses me off no end when refs allow the oppos to upend him and not give a free kick.

I think him not playing tonight and probably Saturday will have an impact on us. Hopefully it wont stop us getting maximum points before we have this laughable break.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane says he never knew the winners of the Premier League also received individual medals.

The Reds are 22 points clear at the top of the table and closing in on a first title for 30 years, but Mane says he is not interested in personal accolades. 

"I heard yesterday that if we win the league, we will have a medal," Mane told BBC World Service.

"I never knew that happened, but I don't care about medals."

Mane finished as a runner-up last season and, despite the Reds being so far clear that they could win the title in March, the 27-year-old says his side's domestic dominance this term "has not been easy".

"Easy? Oh, I wish," he said. "We know the Premier League is the best league in the world and every single game you have to give 100% if you want to win. 

"It's what we always try and I think it's working very well but we have to keep working hard to get what we want. 

"Our target from the beginning was to win the league, so if we win it, it will be great for the club and for the fans."

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love him. I’ve loved him since the first time he pulled on the shirt. If a goal

can set up the tone for his career with us, that beauty at Arsenal certainly showed us what was to come. 

Although both are great (and this is in no way a fight between the 2 of them...) I prefer him to Salah. I feel Mane shows for the ball more & always wants to be involved more than Mo does.

Not a criticism of Mo at all, he’s obviously fucking ace as well. My personal preference is Mane.