You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

It’s funny thinking back to the argument of who was going to be more important in the run in between Salah and Mane last season.  Plenty of people were backing Salah despite all the recent evidence showing how silly it was.  I don’t think anyone can argue it now although I don’t think Salah has been anywhere near as bad as people are making out.

• Downvote 1

The reverse angle of that fantastic header highlighted how badly Bobby was being mugged as the corner kick was being taken. 

Flogging a dead horse here, but wasn't that one of the main issues that had people wanting the introduction of VAR?

• 2 weeks later...

Just fucking sensational, this. I've seen a number of videos of this guy, and all of his work is done upside down, and it's difficult to spot who they are until he turns it right way up. 

It would be nice to think that Sadio would buy this, not in any show of vanity, but simply for the way it was done and to acknowledge the guy's incredible talent.

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Just fucking sensational, this. I've seen a number of videos of this guy, and all of his work is done upside down, and it's difficult to spot who they are until he turns it right way up. 

It would be nice to think that Sadio would buy this, not in any show of vanity, but simply for the way it was done and to acknowledge the guy's incredible talent.

Can you tell what it is yet ?

image.png

4 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

If I was a lottery winner I’d buy that, mount it on a long wooden post, and have myself a little stealth mission to Pep’s house and set it up so that when he opened his bedroom curtains in the morning it would be the first thing he sees.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just been voted African Player of the Year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51020846

Liverpool's Sadio Mane has been named the Confederation of African Football's (Caf) Player of the Year.

The Senegal forward beat Liverpool team-mate and Egypt forward Mohamed Salah and Manchester City's Algerian winger Riyad Mahrez to the award.

Mane, 27, helped the Reds to the 2018-19 Champions League title, scoring 30 goals in all competitions last season.

He has scored 15 goals so far in 2019-20, with Liverpool 13 points clear at the top of the Premier League table.

"I'm really happy and proud to win this. Football is my job, I love it," said Mane.

"I would like to thank my family, my national team, staff, the federation and Liverpool Football Club. It's a big day for me."

Mane collected his award at a ceremony in Hurghada, Egypt but neither Salah, who had won the award in both the past two years, nor Mahrez were present.

Mane has finished in the award's top three for the last three years, and has long targeted the prize in order to emulate the achievement of one of his heroes, former Liverpool striker El Hadji Diouf, who won it in 2002.