You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

5 hours ago, The Guest said:

People have been burying their heads in the sand with it for ages.  It’s been going on since the end of the 34 goal season.  What happened yesterday is a massive deal because it’s so out of character and it shows there’s clearly underlying issues behind the scenes.  He won’t be the only pissed off with Salah prioritising his own goal scoring records over the team.  Klopp and the club should have nipped it in the bud at the end of that season.  He was indulged far too long.

There will still people talking like this is a one off incident and will be completely dumbstruck as to why it’s happened because they can’t see what’s right in front of them.

The annoying thing is it looked like the club had dealt with it because he hadn’t done it this season up until yesterday.  The fact that Mane flipped off the back of it happening once in a game when it’s happened countless times game after game last season tells me they’ve definitely been spoken to about it because it was the reaction of a man who is absolutely fucking sick of it and thought it had been sorted.

Yeah it was obviously a problem last year as we finished below the Ev and went out of all cups at the first hurdle.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:
  • Liverpool have not lost any of the last 33 Premier League games in which Mane has found the net (W29 D4 L0).
  • Since the start of last season, no Liverpool player has scored more goals in all competitions Mane (30 - level with Salah).

Any chance of the assist stats or Key chances created to go with this.

8 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

The last thing we need is players not playing on instinct and hesitating before making decisions on whether to pass or shoot. It crippled Mane's game for a while after one in the derby a couple of years ago. 

Looking at the game yesterday I think the one he should have passed was to Firmino earlier. I don't think a pass to Mane would have reached him.

This.

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:
  • Liverpool have not lost any of the last 33 Premier League games in which Mane has found the net (W29 D4 L0).
  • Since the start of last season, no Liverpool player has scored more goals in all competitions Mane (30 - level with Salah).

I love Mane but I think this statistic may literally be the same if you insert Salah instead. We only lost to City last season (Firmino scored). It shows how tremendously wonderful life at Liverpool is when this tiny incident becomes fixated on.

Both absolutely extraordinary players, genuinely the two best wide players around at the moment. Both absolutely deadly and Firmino compliments them perfectly. Mo’s assist statistics remain very impressive but he is certainly too selfish st times, he virtually never looks for the pass within 25 yards from goal. When he first got here he was fair less self interested. Mane himself has been guilty in the past of such selfishness, most notable the first half of 17-18, which was his worst spell with us, I remember after the Spartak 7-0 after scoring two he said Coutinho “never passed to him” in that game he actually shot near post wide when he could of squared to Firmino for an empty net and then again against Everton that same week he made that high profile howler when he didn’t square to Mo. He’s largely become less selfish as his form has improved. Mo, however needs to get his act together because others have alluded to this reaction is clearly a result of underlying build up of frustration. I’d actually say that Sadio’s outburst might be a positive thing as the issue will be directly addressed and spoken about, now Mo and rest of squad are fully aware. They’re both fucking boss though.

@Code  Frodey - help us out here:

Since the start of the 2017-18 season, Liverpool's front three have generated a total of 178 chances for one another - 59 each by Salah and Roberto Firmino, with Mane generating the remaining 60.

At first glance, that seems to show a fairly even split among the trio - but almost a quarter of the total were Mane providing an opening for Salah (43).

By contrast, back-to-back Premier League Golden Boot winner Salah has created just 25 chances for Mane, compared with 34 for Firmino.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Hope its sorted because I love them both to bits. Klopp said its sorted and I see no reason not to take him at his word. 

It'll be fine mate. As someone said above, it could work out as a positive thing. Newcastle up next, Bobby is going to get 5 goals as he refuses to pass to either. 

10 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Hope its sorted because I love them both to bits. Klopp said its sorted and I see no reason not to take him at his word. 

If Mane was still genuinely pissed about the whole thing, I'm not sure Milner would be using a pic of Sadio for a laugh like that. It suggests to me it's simmered down, although how it all plays out from here will only be seen on the pitch. 

4 hours ago, A_S said:

If Mane was still genuinely pissed about the whole thing, I'm not sure Milner would be using a pic of Sadio for a laugh like that. It suggests to me it's simmered down, although how it all plays out from here will only be seen on the pitch. 

EDdkAk_W4AEwPx3?format=jpg&name=medium

• Upvote 3

On 01/09/2019 at 13:46, sir roger said:

Firmino is very unselfish & Mane fairly honest in that regard , Mo however has gone a bit rogue the last season and a bit and spends a lot of time blasting shots at defenders legs and passing as a last resort. I think Mane's carrying-on yesterday may actually do some good shining a light on it and think Mo may be more of a team player like he was in his first season , when it benefitted him goals-wise. 

This type of shit won't happen when Stevie's in charge.