You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

So they do, I always thought serie a had 18.

How do they play all their games in time then? As always thought the premier league was the only league to have the stupid Christmas schedule 

They have a proper winter break as well.

11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

So they do, I always thought serie a had 18.

How do they play all their games in time then? As always thought the premier league was the only league to have the stupid Christmas schedule 

They don't have 4 or 5 FA Cup weekends where most league teams don't play a game. That's were they make up the time.

11 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Do the Italians have a version of the League Cup?

No, neither does Spain. 

It should be opt-in here nowadays, with a league programme built for clubs who aren’t taking part. Also kill off FA Cup replays once and for all - straight to penalties if it’s a draw after 90.

Sadio had a week off after the season finished and then Senegal gave him another week. Now he has just had 16 days off. It's not as bad as been made out and players no longer return to preseason with Neil Ruddock bellies on them.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Ah come on - the dark nights and cold weather are ideal whinging conditions!

Who needs dark nights?  I thought winning the Champions League would placate you somewhat, but you've managed to whinge for the whole summer.  Outstanding dedication to the cause.

I look forward to the opening league game against Norwich, where you'll no doubt come out with a pre-match gem such as "the fact Origi makes the bench says it all about the state of modern Britain".  

• Upvote 1

Really should have just closed the football club down after winning the champions Leaue,  no way can we improve or go backwards from that. 

Got to wonder why Rafa didnt hand lifelong contracts to smicer, traore and dudek,  heroes of Istanbul. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Really should have just closed the football club down after winning the champions Leaue,  no way can we improve or go backwards from that. 

Got to wonder why Rafa didnt hand lifelong contracts to smicer, traore and dudek,  heroes of Istanbul. 

With all due respect (none), your outlook is preposterously pessimistic and as a result your posts offer no balance.  It's like a parody account, only it's not a parody so all we're left with is perpetual misery.  Reading your output is like having baked beans for every meal. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

With all due respect (none), your outlook is preposterously pessimistic and as a result your posts offer no balance.  It's like a parody account, only it's not a parody so all we're left with is perpetual misery.  Reading your output is like having baked beans for every meal. 

The leftie hypocrite talking about balance. 

Like I'm doing more than a skim read there. 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Who needs dark nights?  I thought winning the Champions League would placate you somewhat, but you've managed to whinge for the whole summer.  Outstanding dedication to the cause.

I look forward to the opening league game against Norwich, where you'll no doubt come out with a pre-match gem such as "the fact Origi makes the bench says it all about the state of modern Britain".  

Behave - everybody knows it is all Lallana's doing.

Oh and what i have been 'whinging' about is exactly what our manager is talking about.... no doubt born of the same worries.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Behave - everybody knows it is all Lallana's doing.

Oh and what i have been 'whinging' about is exactly what our manager is talking about.... no doubt born of the same worries.

Pretty much everything.  Lack of signings, squad depth, no rest for key players, club vs country, wrong type of sunshine...

Just now, TK421 said:

Pretty much everything.  Lack of signings, squad depth, no rest for key players, club vs country, wrong type of sunshine...

Nearly, lad .... as Roy Walker used to say - "it's good, but it's not right"

Not moaned at all about lack of signings.

Defo 'moaned' about no rest for key players - just like Jurgen Klopp is now.....i'll give you that and  'club v country' - always have, always will - there is a problem and a growing one at that.

You seem to have a fair problem with opposing views, kid - relax, it's really not all that important...go out enjoy the sunshine, even if it is the wrong type because of Origi.

People should chill and learn to trust Jurgen. He hasnt got much wrong in his time here.

Anyway, Sadio, I love the guy. I think he's come on in leaps and bounds and is beginning to realise just how good a player he really is. OK, he still makes the occasional wrong decisions but so too do Mo, Bobby and others.

Im actually more worried Sadio may have his head turned by Real than I am about Mo or Bobby going first. I think he'll be a big miss against city tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

Yeah we can just bask in that for the next 10 years according to some on here.

• Downvote 4