You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Guest Pistonbroke

Bit of a shitter they lost, the lad will be genuinely gutted. He's professional though, he'll take it out on the teams we meet early doors. 

The Algerian coach seems a humble chap...

"Without the players I am nothing," said Algeria boss Djamel Belmadi. "They are the main ones. I suppose the staff played its part in guiding the players but they applied the instructions incredibly well."

25 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Unfortunately he will have to dive straight back in.

The club (no club) should be put in this position in the first place.

The idea that clubs potentially can't field their best players in games at start of season or end up with players only having very short breaks because of the international calendar is absurd IMHO.

The powers that be should get their heads together and work it out so no international tournament ends less than a month before the start of the major leagues seasons.

The PL aren't helpul here either - why the PL season needs to start a week earlier than La Liga and two weeks earlier than Serie A i really don't know and can't see any justification for.

Surely all the bigwigs can get together, review calendar and ensure players get a months rest minimum in summer.

I am sure if they did we'd see better performances, less injuries and less burnout.

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

It a bit of both i reckon. Definitely too much international football going on. But by the same token if the Club see only the front three as solid starters, what can be done?

The only time that i can remember Klopp resting the front three was when we had Coutinho.

Oh clearly the drop off is one that Klopp knows is big enough to rarely risk...and that is an 'issue' only he can sort, but for my money there is just no way clubs should be forced into players being either realistically unavailable, or rushing them back from holidays because of way calendar works.

There surely has to be a way that stops this, ends the arguments and is best for clubs, players and national associations.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And when there are no competitive games scheduled clubs take the players to Dubai or similar to play more meaningless practice games which generate cash.

Money as usual ruining things....

Klopp now rightly questioning why PL starts so early too. Pointed this out myself on here....week before La Liga, 2 before Serie A.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49203065

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Same amount of teams in la liga and serie a

So they do, I always thought serie a had 18.

How do they play all their games in time then? As always thought the premier league was the only league to have the stupid Christmas schedule