You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

On 27/06/2016 at 07:19, viRdjil said:

he's not a bad player.. If he could play like he did against us, when he destroyed Sakho in that 3-2 win consistently, then people would forget about his transfer fee.

Spot on yet again, although it looks like I was just using this thread to have another dig at that fraud Sakho, 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 27/06/2016 at 07:19, viRdjil said:

I'm a bit underwhelmed by this signing. I think for £30m you should buy a better player from the continent e.g., Mkhitaryan, Draxler, etc. This would also end our interest in Goetze, which I'm not too psyched about. On the flip side, he's not a bad player.. If he could play like he did against us, when he destroyed Sakho in that 3-2 win consistently, then people would forget about his transfer fee.

You missed a bit.

25 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Thank fuck we ended our interest in Goetze

Indeed,  I was one of those who didn't want Mane,  cause the useless cunt we had before wasted enough money on improving Southampton. 

Mane instantly became our best winger since Barnes when I seen him in our top.   Then we went and signed Salah and had two great wide players for the first time I could remember. 

Now we've become so used to those two being world class on a weekly basis that Salah is getting slaughtered for not scoring every week,  when he's still clearly one of the best players in the league on ability and performance. 

We've two wide players trailing Kane and Aguero by a goal when we used to have the like of Pennant and Riera popping up with one or two a season,  good times. 

I was underwhelmed by Mané's signing as well. Buying from Southampton again was just something I didn't want to see us do anymore of. Of course it turns out there was an actual player in there and we have a manager now capable getting the best out of the players he purchases. Last year Mané was also quite good albeit not as good as his first season or this year for me, but was over shadowed by Salah. This year Salah is the one having a "down" season but as Grinch said he's trailing the top scorers by a goal. Having said that, a few goals to either and they're in the lead for top scorer and they could theoretically both overtake those above them with the games we have left.

5 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I was underwhelmed by Mané's signing as well. Buying from Southampton again was just something I didn't want to see us do anymore of. Of course it turns out there was an actual player in there and we have a manager now capable getting the best out of the players he purchases. Last year Mané was also quite good albeit not as good as his first season or this year for me, but was over shadowed by Salah. This year Salah is the one having a "down" season but as Grinch said he's trailing the top scorers by a goal. Having said that, a few goals to either and they're in the lead for top scorer and they could theoretically both overtake those above them with the games we have left.

Salah is still playing very well,just not scoring. Mane is taking advantage of the opposition targeting Salah and exploiting the obvious space created.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Salah is still playing very well,just not scoring. Mane is taking advantage of the opposition targeting Salah and exploiting the obvious space created.

I completely agree but not everyone sees it that way. I've seen plenty of people that think Salah is woefully out of form. Having said that, Mané is doing exactly what he needs to do. It's become a pick your poison scenario and most are choosing to mark Salah out of the game. Honestly if Bobby could grab a few more we'd be unplayable but he's also one of our hardest working players so it's hard to bitch about that in my opinion. If there's anything we're crying out for it's reliable competition for our number 9 role.

45 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Now we've become so used to those two being world class on a weekly basis that Salah is getting slaughtered for not scoring every week,  when he's still clearly one of the best players in the league on ability and performance. 

Yes we all get your point, Salah gets stick for not scoring, lallana gets praise for one half decent game etc etc

You can stop banging on about it, this is about your 50th post complaining about it, we have higher expectations for some players than others, sometimes we feel the need to praise out of form players to give them confidence, I have no idea why it upsets you so much, give it a rest. 

• Upvote 1

Some perspective is needed when talking about Salah.

His goalscoring exploits were freakish last season and were never going to be repeated.

The fact he will probably get nigh on 20 league goals this season is still very good in itself - it used to be said a 20 goal a season striker was what we needed....well he is delivering that and is flanked by two lads in and around same numbers.

Salah has 17 in league and that is more than he ever managed before coming here - plus he is creating goals/creating space for others.

He is trying a bit too hard in the box at the moment to score and has made a few bad decisiobs lately, he needs a goal to settle him down and I am sure Klopp will have a word during the international break.

He'll be fine.

30 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yes we all get your point, Salah gets stick for not scoring, lallana gets praise for one half decent game etc etc

You can stop banging on about it, this is about your 50th post complaining about it, we have higher expectations for some players than others, sometimes we feel the need to praise out of form players to give them confidence, I have no idea why it upsets you so much, give it a rest. 

Give them confidence?  I doubt they read your praise. 

Having different standards is fine.    Claiming a 17 goal & 7 assist winger needs dropping for anyone isn't. 

That isn't too hard to comprehend Shirley. 

10 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Give them confidence?  I doubt they read your praise. 

Having different standards is fine.    Claiming a 17 goal & 7 assist winger needs dropping for anyone isn't. 

That isn't too hard to comprehend Shirley. 

Yes I understand.

But you've been whingeing for weeks, chill out, we're allowed to criticise a player for having a bad run of games and we're allowed to praise players for having good games, regardless of previous form. 

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yes I understand.

But you've been whingeing for weeks, chill out, we're allowed to criticise a player for having a bad run of games and we're allowed to praise players for having good games, regardless of previous form. 

He's not having a bad run of games. 

And if I have been whining for weeks,  it's a drop in the ocean compared to the morons who take their opinions from the media.  A media that would be licking the arse of the likes of Sterling if he was playing anywhere near the level Salah has been this season. 

We should count our blessing having two wide players of the quality we have now.

Mané is on fire at the moment benefiting from Salah being double teamed and he uses that extra yard he gets at the moment to perfection. If/when the opposition starts doubling up on him, the pendul might swing back to Salah getting that extra space. We are just blessed at the moment with those two and we should embrace every moment of it. And if the opposition wants to cover them both then Firmino gets extra space, so we are definetly in a good place. Just wish Firmino was a bit more consistent in performances as he tends to be a bit unfocused in games here and there.