You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

– No player has scored more away goals in the Champions League for Liverpool than Mané, who took his tally to seven with his brace against Bayern.

– Mané can hardly be accused of being a flat-track bully. Nine of his 13 Champions League goals have come in the knockout rounds, scoring against the likes of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Manchester City.

– Only one player in the history competition scored a higher percentage of his goals in the knockout stages than Mané’s 69%: Ivica Olic, who scored seven of his 10 goals in the knockout stages.

– If you take away penalties, no player has scored more Premier League goals than Sadio Mané’s 16 this season.

– Since Mané joined Liverpool, only Mo Salah (64) has scored more than his 52 goals for the club in all competitions.

– Since joining Liverpool, Mané has contributed 20+ goals and assists in all competitions in each of this three seasons.

– In fact, you have to go back to 2011-12, when Mané was just breaking through into a Metz side which was relegated from Ligue 2, for the last time the forward failed to contribute 20+ goals and assists in all competitions in a single season.

– Since Jurgen Klopp arrived as Liverpool boss, Mané has scored the third most goals and provided the fifth most assists for the Reds.

– With 60 Premier League goals, Mané is the highest scoring Senegalese player in the competition’s history, 17 clear of his nearest challenger Demba Ba.

On 27/06/2016 at 00:32, Soft Joe said:

Just heard on the radio we've paid £30 million to Southampton. My initial reaction was oh fuck off we've had our pants pulled down again. Carroll, Benteke, Downing, Lallana and now Mane. All massively overpriced. All bought from other premier league clubs. All varying degrees of shite. We never learn do we? I really hope I'm wrong. I'm not saying Mane is shite but I just think for that sort of money surely there is better value out there away from the premier league??

Remember when we were signing him and people were thinking like this? 

Surpassed all expectations. Forza Mane. 

On 27/06/2016 at 13:06, JermainePennant said:

This is the worst deal the club has done, Carroll had an outstanding attribute with his ability in the air and Benteke had a 1 in 2 goal record.Mane is a poor striker who can do a job out wide, he's a very poor mans Bellamy and is very inconsistent.

If we are willing to have someone out wide who is shit for large parts of the season we should have let Ibe have a run of games to develop.I was laughing when Manu were linked with him last season and I hoped they would sign him as he is not good enough for a top club, embarrassing deal and we should have stumped up for Teixera.

Spot on, JP

38 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Remember when we were signing him and people were thinking like this? 

Surpassed all expectations. Forza Mane. 

31 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Spot on, JP

Imagine what they would have said about paying 75m to Southampton for a CB.

On 27/06/2016 at 13:16, JermainePennant said:

No because Mane is shit technically, And if your trying so say Allen couldn't cope in Barcas team then you are the one who is very wrong.A bad ball to a player in that team is ok as they have the technique to control the ball, anyone who thinks Allen would struggle in that side is deluded.

Jesus Christ.