You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Never said they were, just think after the season they had and being 8 league games in and joint top they might deserve time. If after 15 games we’re well behind and they are not performing then minds may change, even Klopp’s.

I never once said they didn’t in this thread.

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I never once said they didn’t in this thread.

You wondered if they were undroppable, in your opinion no one is, fine. Agreed.

NV said they need to play through it, you agreed. Yes? No problem.

I agree with NV. You do too? 

How much longer do certain players get in your opinion. Genuine question. I mentioned 15 games or so?

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

You wondered if they were undroppable, in your opinion no one is, fine. Agreed.

NV said they need to play through it, you agreed. Yes? No problem.

I agree with NV. You do too? 

How much longer do certain players get in your opinion. Genuine question. I mentioned 15 games or so?

If we start dropping stupid points, then we should give Sturridge then Shaqiri a go.

So Mane has had an operation on his thumb.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sadio-mane-undergoes-surgery-liverpool-15293178

It just can't be right that we could potentially be forced to put out a depleted team on Saturday due to our players, our clubs assets and employees being put out of action in the name of poxy international football.

It just does not sit right at all with me.

They are our players and it stinks that we have to accept them being fucked up and risking fucking up our season due to them being used for another cause that is non of our business.

6 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

They are two places ahead of Real Madrid, to be fair.

That's a real surprise, both teams after 8 games on mid-teen points. Real Madrid could have opened up a good 6/8 point lead but they're having a bit of a moment too.

3 hours ago, an tha said:

So Mane has had an operation on his thumb.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sadio-mane-undergoes-surgery-liverpool-15293178

It just can't be right that we could potentially be forced to put out a depleted team on Saturday due to our players, our clubs assets and employees being put out of action in the name of poxy international football.

It just does not sit right at all with me.

They are our players and it stinks that we have to accept them being fucked up and risking fucking up our season due to them being used for another cause that is non of our business.

How many of these posts are you going to get to saying the same thing?  Every single club is in the same position.  Every single club plays under fifa’s rules and those rules state players need to be released to their national teams and the players can be banned for playing for the clubs if their clubs refuse to release them or even if the players themselves refuse to play.  I think it’s even mandatorily written in every single contract.  The clubs know this when they decide to make every single signing.  It’s part of the game and it’s not going to change so stop whining.

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, The Guest said:

How many of these posts are you going to get to saying the same thing?  Every single club is in the same position.  Every single club plays under fifa’s rules and those rules state players need to be released to their national teams and the players can be banned for playing for the clubs if their clubs refuse to release them or even if the players themselves refuse to play.  I think it’s even mandatorily written in every single contract.  The clubs know this when they decide to make every single signing.  It’s part of the game and it’s not going to change so stop whining.

It is fucking shite and for me needs sorting.....i fully expect a movement within the next 10 years or so from the clubs to get some power back in this issue...these games taking place early in the season on the back of a world cup that only finished about two weeks before the season started is unreasonable is hampering clubs and is wrong.

You can call it whining as much as you want but the international schedule is out of control...there will be a 3rd break in November when England for example play the fucking USA in a friendly a couple of days before another game in this mickey mouse nations league shite - you've just had Brazil and Argentina whoring themselves out in Saudi Arabia encouraged to fight for some mickey mouse 'super classico' trophy......I notice Messi and Ronaldo where conspicuous by their absences though in these last two breaks - so clearly if you are powerful enough you can jib it/not be picked - only a matter of time before others flex their muscles in same way.

This is all down to UEFA and FIFA flexing their muscles against the power of club football and it is time for the clubs to fight back to protect their employees, their assets and their fortunes.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2018 at 11:21 PM, an tha said:

Stop it with those sensible suggestions as they might just catch on.