You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Don't miss Coutinho at all.  Great idea to sell the only cover for our attack mid season.

It wasn't Liverpool's or Klopp's idea. It was Barcelona's and Coutinho's idea.

It wasn't Liverpool's or Klopp's idea. It was Barcelona's and Coutinho's idea.

Damn Barcelona and Coutinho for forcing us to sell mid season and hitting us with the double whammy of not allowing us to spend the money on a quality replacement.

I'm not actually sure how they done that right enough, perhaps jedi mind control or some shit.  It would have to be something really whacky like that to convince them that was a good idea.

Agree with Grinch here. We left ourselves with literally NO cover for the front 3. None. Zero. Fuck all. And we've been lucky enough to get away with it until now.

Moaning about it is negative but it's a shit situation that we shouldn't be in. Coutinho had a contract, and we held all the cards. We fucked up.

Harry Wilson time. They won't know what's hit 'em!

We cannot recall players on loan to British sides

Mootaz ChehadeVerified account @MHChehade
FollowFollow @MHChehade
More

Sadio Mane picked up a knock against Roma and he did undergo further tests earlier today, his injury is nothing serious but he'll be rested vs Stoke to be fully fit for the second leg against Roma.

Ah, well there is that. Harry Wilson can wait then. I think he might be a decent squad option next season. 

Hopefully Sadio Mane is just a knock, and he will be good to go. If the tweet above is correct, I'll take it. Rest/recover against Stoke, then back to play against Roma. 

I just hope we have enough on the pitch to get the three points against Stoke. 

Ah, well there is that. Harry Wilson can wait then. I think he might be a decent squad option next season. 

Hopefully Sadio Mane is just a knock, and he will be good to go. If the tweet above is correct, I'll take it. Rest/recover against Stoke, then back to play against Roma. 

I just hope we have enough on the pitch to get the three points against Stoke.

We have to get the 4th spot boxed off. So frustrating letting West Brom off the hook last week. Chelsea grinding out wins away from home. Massive game Saturday. Klopp touched on it right after the game. He wants that same atmosphere Saturday afternoon. Sane missing is a big blow.

Agree with Grinch here. We left ourselves with literally NO cover for the front 3. None. Zero. Fuck all. And we've been lucky enough to get away with it until now.

Moaning about it is negative but it's a shit situation that we shouldn't be in. Coutinho had a contract, and we held all the cards. We fucked up.

Should we just quit now or at least turn up for the second leg ?

Just for appearances sake, obviously.

Up 5-2 in the CL semifinal and need one win to clinch CL for consecutive years in what, a decade -- and we fucked up.

Sure hope we get the chance to fuck up again next year. Been a long time.

• Upvote 3

Damn Barcelona and Coutinho for forcing us to sell mid season and hitting us with the double whammy of not allowing us to spend the money on a quality replacement.

I'm not actually sure how they done that right enough, perhaps jedi mind control or some shit.  It would have to be something really whacky like that to convince them that was a good idea.

Who would have come in during January? And how do you know they wouldn't have got injured?

It's not as easy as sell, buy, play.

Club wanted to bring Keita van Dijk and the lad from Monaco in. Lots of doubters said the club had no intention of buying those players and was just a scam to get season ticket money in. Well van Dijk is here but would not be if Klopp had done what some said and just buy any other centre back. Keita will be in a couple of months due to Leipzigs refusal to sell early. I think the lad from Monaco has missed the boat so expect the club to have one or two other targets lined up. People seem to think Klopp could build a title winning team last summer. Yeah it is frustrating when signing do not happen but I am with Klopp all the way. Stop getting 4th or 5th choices in and get the top ones instead. We have a CL semi coming up and have a great chance of finishing 3rd or 4th. Plenty of people said we would finish 5th 6th or 7th.

• Upvote 3

Should we just quit now or at least turn up for the second leg ?

Just for appearances sake, obviously.

No one is saying we're out but one of our best players being out is a big blow. I expect us to finish the job in Rome, but every game is basically a final from here out and being so threadbare could cost us points, a CL spot or the final.

It’s fair to say we should have got more in. That point has been well made. We tried, but couldn’t close the deal/s we wanted. Klopp has form for sticking to his preferred players and waiting until they are available. We’re doing very well with that approach.

Even with a threadbare squad we have overachieved. Before the season started most hoped we would be in the top four conversation, but feared anything down to sixth. It would be a massive surprise if we failed to finish top four at this point.

As for the CL, most were saying let’s get out of the group, maybe QF, and that would be good as we seek to establish ourselves at that level again. We are overachieving. Unbeaten in the CL. 44 goals. The most, or among the most exciting football we’ve seen. It’s incredible.

We absolutely need more depth so we can fight on next season, but even with selling Coutinho mid term, we have over achieved.

Looks like Klopp may have to change tactics/formation if this injury crisis gets any worse.

We simply haven't got the players to go like for like now and are down to no midfield replacements at all.

Just fucking typical of our luck though to suffer so many injuries to key players right at the business end of the season.

We needed a Coutinho replacement. It was obvious in January. Anyone that doesn't think so has their head firmly inserted up FSG's rectum.

Yea but we've made it this far so that's proof we don't need anyone.

I presume that means we don't need to conduct any business in the summer either.

Happy days.

I really like Mane. A player with some very useful skills. I had very high hopes for him last season. His performances this season unfortunately have been mixed, and also you compare him to the guy playing on the other side of the front three, he’s not near that level. Good thing about him is he’s still relatively young, he could still improve further e.g., his first touch, his finishing. If he could take the next step next season, we’d have a very good player on our hands.