You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

I keep seeing people say Mane is world class. I do not think he is there yet. If he kept his concentration all game and didnt do careless things like the handball at Sunderland last year on that free kick todays not playing one in for the team he would be on his way to being it. A great player knows when to pass and when to run and strike at goal.

Very much agree with this. He's still brilliant on his day but I wonder if we are getting a taste of the inconsistency Southampton fans said he was guilty of? He also seems,at times,to be struggling with not being the main man(no pun intended involving the name Mane.) He was on fire for 45 minutes in Seville when Salah had an average game his own standards but hasnt been great since then,still been good like but below his best.

That was a shocking decision from Mane. I think he does have a selfish streak in him. At Stoke, he's calling out to Firmino not to touch the ball as it trickled over the line too. 

I like that he's feeling the pressure of Salah's form and trying to use it to raise his level.  Obviously, he hasn't quite worked out the finer points of it yet.  But that's part of Klopp's goal; to achieve improvement through competition and this is the early stages of what that looks like.

If this was trolling I’d hand it to you but sadly I think you actually believe this shite.

how else do you explain the decision not to square for a simple tap-in yesterday? Mane is far too intelligent a footballer not to have known that. That was a selfish decision, simple as. Couldn't give a fuck if the game was already 3-0, but that was a crucial moment and he should have played for the team. Doesn't mean he's suddenly shite, or should be dropped. He just has moments like these from time to time. 

It was a selfish decision. I watched the replay and it looked to me like he had tunnel vision. It really was a one off though compared I his previous behaviour. I hope he doesn’t do it again because it will compromise the selfless nature of our attack which is the prime reason we are so good going forward.

The thing I have a problem with is you making shit up about him “calling out to Firmino to not touch the ball.” Fake news at its finest. For a start you don’t know if he did or not. You’re basing it on the fact he left it. That decision was on Firmino regardless of what was said and based off both their behaviour since being here the most likely reason was Firmino’s intelligence in thinking he may have been offside and better safe than sorry realising nobody was around him.

• Downvote 1

The thing I have a problem with is you making shit up about him “calling out to Firmino to not touch the ball.” Fake news at its finest. For a start you don’t know if he did or not. You’re basing it on the fact he left it.

Is he not basing it more on the fact that Mane's mouth was moving and sound was coming out of it? That seems more logical.

• Upvote 1

Of course Mane's selfish, he's a forward who's out to get his. That's usually not a bad thing, but what he did yesterday was beyond selfish and everyone knew it would come back to bite us.

This is one of those times where Klopp has to stamp his authority and call him out because it's not acceptable and this isn't even the first unsavory incident in the past month. He was screaming at Klopp at the end of the Chelsea game and even after we beat Spartak 7-0, he was complaining in the post-match interview that Coutinho wasn't passing him the ball.

Basically, he needs to pipe down.

• Upvote 1

It was a selfish decision. I watched the replay and it looked to me like he had tunnel vision. It really was a one off though compared I his previous behaviour. I hope he doesn’t do it again because it will compromise the selfless nature of our attack which is the prime reason we are so good going forward.

The thing I have a problem with is you making shit up about him “calling out to Firmino to not touch the ball.” Fake news at its finest. For a start you don’t know if he did or not. You’re basing it on the fact he left it. That decision was on Firmino regardless of what was said and based off both their behaviour since being here the most likely reason was Firmino’s intelligence in thinking he may have been offside and better safe than sorry realising nobody was around him.

It looked to me at the time, and then after replays, like he clearly calls out to Firmino not to touch it. That was my impression at the time and still is. Now, maybe you're right and he thinks Firmino would have been offside if he toed it in. That might, and hopefully probably was the case, we don't know. I didn't think too much more about it before what happened yesterday. Not looking for an argument here. 

Of course Mane's selfish, he's a forward who's out to get his. That's usually not a bad thing, but what he did yesterday was beyond selfish and everyone knew it would come back to bite us.

This is one of those times where Klopp has to stamp his authority and call him out because it's not acceptable and this isn't even the first unsavory incident in the past month. He was screaming at Klopp at the end of the Chelsea game and even after we beat Spartak 7-0, he was complaining in the post-match interview that Coutinho wasn't passing him the ball.

Basically, he needs to pipe down.

Spot on... It wasn't the first time he's done something questionable this season - it's part of a pattern of recent behaviour that I haven't been liking. There's been murmurings from his time at previous clubs about his attitude and when you see things like that yesterday, you start to wonder.

Anyway its done

We dropped 2pts he had a hand in it as did others. He is one of our best players,gives his all amd wants to win.

3pts on Wednesday and get back on track.

Points were gained on Utd and Chelsea over the weekend. The goal is top 4 and its still on.

He wouldn't. Bobby was well behind Mane.

Yes this is true, I'm just not certain in the moment that Bobby would have definitely known that for a fact. It looked for a second he wanted to put it in and then stopped for a moment. Either he was told to or more likely he worried that by scoring he could have been flagged offside by mistake.