You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Why does every single good attacking player we have had since 2014 remind people of Suarez in some way? I don't think there is a single thing about Sadio Mane, or Mohamed Salah for that matter, that reminds me of Suarez, besides the fact they are all very good at football.

The way Mané looks to take on his opponent and humiliate them while doing something unexpected is strikingly similar to Suarez. Something about the way he switches from languid to electric is also Suarez-esque.

I love Sadio but that was one of the most shocking moments of selfishness I've seen from a Liverpool player. A year ago he would have squared it. He's not been the same player for a while. Still very good but not the world class forward we couldn't win a match without last season.

I love Sadio but that was one of the most shocking moments of selfishness I've seen from a Liverpool player. A year ago he would have squared it. He's not been the same player for a while. Still very good but not the world class forward we couldn't win a match without last season.

Yep, that's a few things this season I've seen with Mane that's making me ask myself a few questions about his attitude

I keep seeing people say Mane is world class. I do not think he is there yet. If he kept his concentration all game and didnt do careless things like the handball at Sunderland last year on that free kick todays not playing one in for the team he would be on his way to being it. A great player knows when to pass and when to run and strike at goal.

If he scored today we speak no more of it and all is well. As it was he scuffed it wide, and at that point all you can see are the open players lining up to tap it into an open net if he would have squared it. One of those things. Should have passed but it wasn’t to be.

As for his general performance level it is below the heights of last season. The main reason for this, for me, is that he has played in fits and starts with international football and also the accompanying injuries he’s had. While that has been happening Salah has hit the ground running, so now that Mane is coming back he wants to make his mark and remind us he’s a player too.

I think it will settle down a bit and Mane’s level will improve further. As it is he’s a very good player, obviously, but he’s not quite hitting the heights of last season. Perhaps by the end of the season we will be talking about this a bit differently, as hopefully he has a barnstorming second half to the season.

• Upvote 1

He should have squared it, certainly, but these are reacting the same way as my 3rd wife, when I told her I thought her sister was a badmamajama.

There's a bit of racism there too. Remember the reaction to Toure's pass against West Brom versus Allen's miss against Everton and Gerrard's slip.

Mané is normally a brilliantly unselfish player and I'm sure he'll be the most disappointed person in Liverpool tonight.

• Downvote 1

There's a bit of racism there too. Remember the reaction to Toure's pass against West Brom versus Allen's miss against Everton and Gerrard's slip.

Mané is normally a brilliantly unselfish player and I'm sure he'll be the most disappointed person in Liverpool tonight.

I can't agree with the racism charge.

Nobody is perfect, but Johnny Barnes cleared out any vestiges of Liverpool are white.

When you fall in love with your lovely young babysitter, your wife doesn't look as pretty anymore. Incidentally, that why my 5th wife divorced me.

I can't agree with the racism charge.

Nobody is perfect, but Johnny Barnes cleared out any vestiges of Liverpool are white.

When you fall in love with your lovely young babysitter, your wife doesn't look as pretty anymore. Incidentally, that why my 5th wife divorced me.

Black players often get described as 'beasts' or 'monsters' and most of their ability is assumed to be athletic. That was uncharacteristic from Mané but the OTT reaction suggests that people fear he's got some unsavoury underbelly.

Bollocks

People gave him all the credit he deserved last year. His decision to go for goal rather than lay a open goal on a plate was a major factor in dropping 2pts against Everton st home. People are pissed off and rightly so. Nobody cares what colour his skin is

• Upvote 3

Black players often get described as 'beasts' or 'monsters' and most of their ability is assumed to be athletic. That was uncharacteristic from Mané but the OTT reaction suggests that people fear he's got some unsavoury underbelly.

Agreed. I think the reason he didn't square it across is because West Africans are notoriously self-centered folk. The behaviour was bound to manifest itself at some point. 

That's total nonsense mate. Come on.

I can’t believe the shit he’s getting on here. We’ve had loads of greedy players over the years do exactly what Mane did yesterday. Sturridge being the most recent. I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen Mane do that. It was wrong and he should have passed it. There’s no need to blame the draw on him.

He wasn’t any worse than Salah though in the overall game. He was our main player moving around the forward line trying to give options to the midfield.