You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Just heard on the radio we've paid £30 million to Southampton. My initial reaction was oh fuck off we've had our pants pulled down again. Carroll, Benteke, Downing, Lallana and now Mane. All massively overpriced. All bought from other premier league clubs. All varying degrees of shite. We never learn do we? I really hope I'm wrong. I'm not saying Mane is shite but I just think for that sort of money surely there is better value out there away from the premier league??

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Carrol was years ago, Benteke will soon be up at Celtic, Downing was just like a mutant sheep who needed to be destroyed, Lallana is the nivea lord and Mane will be the one we've been looking for all this time. What could possibly go wrong Dick? 

Just heard on the radio we've paid £30 million to Southampton. My initial reaction was oh fuck off we've had our pants pulled down again. Carroll, Benteke, Downing, Lallana and now Mane. All massively overpriced. All bought from other premier league clubs. All varying degrees of shite. We never learn do we? I really hope I'm wrong. I'm not saying Mane is shite but I just think for that sort of money surely there is better value out there away from the premier league??

Away from the Premier League? What is this heresy, Mr Sack? Are you trying to get this website shut down?

• Upvote 1

Can't remember the last time I got excited about a Liverpool signing. It's like a nan's Christmas present, usually something they got from the market called 'Space Wars' which the stall holder assured her was genuine. You just give her a kiss on the cheek, say 'thanks nan' then go and look at pictures of decent toys in the catalogue. This is when you're 18.

• Upvote 2

Aside from the supplying Southampton's superior scouts with endless amounts of transfer funds aspect, actually really think we need a player like Mane - pace, finishing, control and vision.

Downside, it sounds like he's a bit of a tit.

Same. Underwhelming Mark E signing, from Southampton, even in the new reality of transfer fees seems too much money for this level of player.

However, he has the attributes we lack in a position we needed to improve and could add a new dimension to us, which are, crushingly saddeningly, giant strides forward on recent years.

Throw in the doubts about his consistency and we've only taken a double bogey on this hole.

Good jawb, Liverpool Reds. Hoo-ha.

Paying £30m for Mane is a mistake, in my opinion.

The thing we must need is a reliable 20 goal striker. Goals change games and if we go 1-0 up most teams are still too terrified to attack us. I think Sturridge is the best striker in the country not named Sergio, but depending on his fitness has already cost one manager his job.

Our budget should have been spent on a striker, or at least a Midfeld general, instead of picking up another small attacking midfielder, who is not better than either Firmino or Coutinho.

Same. Underwhelming Mark E signing, from Southampton, even in the new reality of transfer fees seems too much money for this level of player.

However, he has the attributes we lack in a position we needed to improve and could add a new dimension to us, which are, crushingly saddeningly, giant strides forward on recent years.

Throw in the doubts about his consistency and we've only taken a double bogey on this hole.

Good jawb, Liverpool Reds. Hoo-ha.

PWuYk9.gif

"Sadio Maaannneeyyyyy.........30 million poundsssssssssssaaaaaaaa........his eyes tremble .......patchwork jacket from the top of his ears.......Wake upppppppp"

• Upvote 4

I'm a bit underwhelmed by this signing. I think for £30m you should buy a better player from the continent e.g., Mkhitaryan, Draxler, etc. This would also end our interest in Goetze, which I'm not too psyched about. On the flip side, he's not a bad player.. If he could play like he did against us, when he destroyed Sakho in that 3-2 win consistently, then people would forget about his transfer fee.