Quantcast
Email this page ( Sadio Mane ) - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• Disagree. We should get rid of him if we can, and get in a new CB. Preferrably one who is good enough to be first choice alongside Van Dijk. Gomez has been brilliant at times, and is a perfect partner for Van Dijk, but has a clear weakness in the air. CBs in this league still need to be commanding in the air, and Gomez is far from that. Matip is far better in the air of course, but not a reliable option.   If we dont have the funds to get a top player, we should get one in the 20-23 age brakker that can be developed into one.
    • I personally think Gomez is just as error prone as Lovren, and much like Lovren it is down to a lack of concentration. 
    • Only a fool would ignore the fact that Racism exists in every country in one form or the other. I can understand why SD posted what he did as it may come over like I was having a pop at the UK. However, my initial post was on an incident which happened in the UK, and I gave an honest appraisal how I see things. I'm English myself, so i'm in no way sticking up for the Germans, but having lived in Germany for the last 30 years as a civilian and ten years prior to that as a soldier you tend to see the Germans in a different light and also the efforts they have made to educate their children/citizens. I don't see the same effort in certain areas as far as other countries go, especially when digging into the past of other countries whilst conveniently leaving out their own shady past. 
    • I really think we will not get a better 4th choice centre back if we sell Lovren. I think folk are vastly overrating how bad he is.  He is a good player. He's error prone, but not as much as people make out.    When he makes a mistake it's magnified hugely. Whereas you look at the Grealish chance at the end of the Aston Villa game when Allison had to save well? It was from a terrible error by Gomez when he went for a ball he never should have, but it's not mentioned as we are happy with him generally.   With Lovren it's always brain farts that do it, not a lack of footballing ability and so I worry that shipping him out and hoping a kid or some cheap/free new player will fill that 4th choice gap could hit us.   Now, the other side of it of course is that the relationship with LFC fans has got too toxic for it to continue and that he should leave.  But I worry we'll be weaker for it with the squad.
    • Thats why we are activating Lovrens extension. We aint buying zip.
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors

• Football Betting Site Betway