You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

12 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

That awkward moment when you've accused soooooo many people of being racist that you lose yourself for a moment and have to do a cringe backtrack... 

EaQXwn_WoAEAwWc.jpeg

EaQXxHqXgAEhumo.jpeg

How is Ice Cube a racist anyway. What's he supposed to have done?

Also, the Jewish Chronicle have provided some well balanced commentary on the matter including this humdinger of a paragraph:

"Ice Cube has a long history of posting controversial images and messages about Jews – stretching back to claims that rap group NWA’s former manager Jerry Heller, who is Jewish, conned them out of royalties." 

13 hours ago, Stickman said:

Just when you think Oberman would wind her neck in she still,can’t help herself....

EaQULkSWkAMczh7?format=jpg&name=large

Having to admit you've insulted the wrong person is a bit embarrassing - but refusing to do it cost Hatie Cockpins her house (a fact which will never not be hilarious).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Also, the Jewish Chronicle have provided some well balanced commentary on the matter including this humdinger of a paragraph:

"Ice Cube has a long history of posting controversial images and messages about Jews – stretching back to claims that rap group NWA’s former manager Jerry Heller, who is Jewish, conned them out of royalties." 

Wow!

Anyone bringing Heller's Jewishness into that should, quite rightly, have their arses kicked for anti-Semitism. 

51 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

How is Ice Cube a racist anyway. What's he supposed to have done?

He retweeted the antisemitic mural Corbyn got into trouble over, and doubled down when challenged by a Jewish journalist (Michael Segalov, staunchly anti-racist and pro-BLM).

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Wow!

Anyone bringing Heller's Jewishness into that should, quite rightly, have their arses kicked for anti-Semitism. 

The way I read that is the Chronicle are making the point he is Jewish, not Ice Cube.

Although I have read that one of Cube's tracks after the split contains the line about letting "a Jew break up my crew."

So maybe they have a point. I don't see what Heller being a Jew would have to do with them splitting. By all means accuse him of playing divide and conquer because you think he was a twat, but no need to drag his ethnicity into it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Although I have read that one of Cube's tracks after the split contains the line about letting "a Jew break up my crew."

So maybe they have a point. I don't see what Heller being a Jew would have to do with them splitting. By all means accuse him of playing divide and conquer because you think he was a twat, but no need to drag his ethnicity into it.

The JC mention some of the lyrics about Heller too. But, the way the article is worded suggests that the mere claim that Heller ripped them off was, in itself, tinged with antisemitism. 

40 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She really is one of the vilest human beings on twitter. A hypocritical, attention seeking, lying, self-absorbed cunt of the highest order. 

You’re not allowed to say that if you’ve done drugs.

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha, touched a nerve that didn’t you big fucking hypocrite.  

Just a bit baffled by your muddled thinking (no offence). Don’t think I’ve seen a grown man as offended you seemed to be, by strangers doing drugs. Shouldn’t be so uptight. Who knows you might like it. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Just a bit baffled by your muddled thinking (no offence). Don’t think I’ve seen a grown man as offended you seemed to be, by strangers doing drugs. Shouldn’t be so uptight. Who knows you might like it. 

What drugs are you talking about?

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

You’ve missed the point again. I couldn’t give a fuck what drugs you take, really couldn’t care less. I’d be a hypocrite if I did too as I’ve taken my fair share in the past. 

I've always thought that the Labour Party and the Trade Union movement have a job to be front and centre in the fight against racism.  I can't help thinking that Jeremy Corbyn and Jennie Formby would have shown a lot more active leadership in the last few weeks, if they were still in charge.

Ah, well.