You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

His decency will live on because the vast majority of kids are growing up decent and believing. He will have his leadership via his heart and belief. In 20 years thats when he will run this word. 

I disagree Stig, sadly most of those kids will end up being selfish right wing Tory or at best Blairite bellends as soon as they start putting in to a pension! Way of the world mate!

Probably an impossible election to win with Brexit but he has to go. Just not enough of a vicious lying cunt. Labour need to find someone that will attack the Tories relentlessly, someone far more calculating, and far less interested in principles of respect, fairness, etc. 

Corbyn is too soft.

• Upvote 1

Obviously done the right thing resigning after such a result. Labour collectively should have some genuine reflection on the loss - rather than point fingers at easy scapegoats. Oversaw two elections one with a massive % increase the other an unprecedented defeat. Some really uneasy questions for Labour too address. 

My first thought is if the Conservatives have nationalism and Brexit to rally their base. What do Labour have to rally completely different bases in towns and cities because it obviously isn't Europe. If people view this as result as a rejection of the left it is also a rejection of the single market and an acceptance of smaller GDP in favour of less immigration etc. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I disagree Stig, sadly most of those kids will end up being selfish right wing Tory or at best Blairite bellends as soon as they start putting in to a pension! Way of the world mate!

Exactly. I know loads of young people who had empathy towards others and a decent upbringing. Once they start working and have their ears filled with bile from older co-workers many of them join that merry band of people who think they are the only cunts who pay tax and that it is being wasted on the vulnerable. I know one lad, son of a good friend who studied law for ages before flunking, he then studied something else and he was 33 when he got his first job. Fuck me, he turned into a right cunt after his first salary was paid out. One month of paying tax and he thought he was the corner stone of society and his taxes were being wasted on the unworthy. His old man has MS and hasn't worked for the best part of 20 years and is dependant on the social network as well as his own pension from the police force over here. 

I don't think he should have resigned immediately, there's still stuff to be done and leaving a power vacuum at the moment isn't wise. However, I really hope they don't spend another indulgent 6 months leisurely picking a new leader while the Tories make hay, like they did with Miliband.

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I don't think he should have resigned immediately, there's still stuff to be done and leaving a power vacuum at the moment isn't wise. However, I really hope they don't spend another indulgent 6 months leisurely picking a new leader while the Tories make hay, like they did with Miliband.

He's not going straight away. 

13 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Exactly. Although I don’t think he should drop the mic, and he isn’t, he should definitely get the process moving quickly. Hopefully Labour members don’t pick somebody from under his wing. That’s not about beliefs, it’s about not having the stank of failure and association with Corbyn so they can’t be criticised for it. 

15 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

They are completely finished if they choose Jess fucking Philips. 

I don’t think the members would vote for her. They won’t forget the time she chose to use violent words against the leader of her party and yet at the same happily described Rees-Mogg as a charming and lovely man. The same Rees-Mogg who claimed that the victims of Grenfell lacked common sense.